TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

56 minutes ago, ameski18 said:

Gutted. ?

Is The Guardian comp still running. The website I'm on days it closed on the 7th May? ?

5 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

I could be wrong but I'm reasonably sure it ends this Sunday (19th).

I had a training session at my local news agents, he's well prepared for my daily visits now.

Great work everyone who's won tickets, congratulation and have an amazing time. 

Still hope for the rest of us.

There were/are 2 guardian ones:
- the one where you have to buy the paper and scan your barcode, that ends 19th May.
- one for subscribers only which closed 8th May

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I think that’s in reference to their members/subscribers competition? 

Here is the poster of the one we’re doing with scanning our phones...

1809ADFE-13DC-442F-B6D6-4F0F4960BB2B.jpeg

Perfect. Thanks.

I did request an email way back when it first opened but the email never arrived. I've requested text this time and it arrived straight away. ?

my gosh - was just in a meeting, it came for my time to speak - my phone goes, random number, devo'd couldnt get it, left a voicemail. My heart was beating so fast - didnt finish what i needed to say, 2 more people had to speak, my phone goes again, different number, excused myself, answered was an agency - called my voicemail - was an agency again! totally gutted - honestly that was a mad horrible 5 mins for nothing - what this festival does to me - cant believe I actually thought I was in

27 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Starting to think I might miss the ladies behind the counter at my local McColls after this competition! Every day they have a laugh with me about it and tell me they hope I win. Genuinely think I might get them some flowers or chocolates or something if I win!

I'm really going to miss the jolly lady at the newsagent where I've been going, definitely dropping off a nice bottle of red if I get lucky ?

Trauma today, paypoint down in both co/op’s near me. Tried 2 other shops on the not-very-reliable map, neither did. Got directed to another newsagent by last one. They did it, and told me there was a guy coming in everyday to do it, also gave me a hand written receipt for the paper ( I saw the paypoint one too)! Is one of you the guy going to 5 Paul St??

Edited by Levitz

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

I'll continue buying the ass out of the Guardian! ? Will you let me sit on your camping chair at the efests meet? I'd run with a tiny rucksack and get new clobber from the Oxfam every day ?

You can sit on my knee all night.

Question on the Guardian comp... for some reason both shops by me have no copies/have sold out already.

They’re still willing to scan my barcode and I’ll buy something else (Twix?) but will that count or does scanning my barcode have to be followed by a Guardian purchase?

21 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Question on the Guardian comp... for some reason both shops by me have no copies/have sold out already.

They’re still willing to scan my barcode and I’ll buy something else (Twix?) but will that count or does scanning my barcode have to be followed by a Guardian purchase?

I can’t see how it’s linked. My shop has a scanning machine that is separate from the till.  He scans the barcode but the paper isn’t scanned - he just enters the price manually in his till.  They’re not linked at all.  

I’m pretty sure I could have got away with not buying the paper but, to be honest, having not bought newspapers since the invention of the smart phone I’m actually quite enjoying having something physical to read with my tea!

On 5/17/2019 at 8:42 AM, brettredmayne said:

Finally found a newsagent that understands how to do the guardian competition 

Mine took a while but essentially all they have to do is click on the paypoint on their system, scan your barcode on mobile and it's job done.

52 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Essentially they aren't linked but upon scanning the barcode it will print a receipt for the cost of the paper so essentially the shop would be losing money and make it an illegal transaction.