TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

Did the co-op winners just get a phone call to say they's won? it says on the terms and conditions that winners will be notified by email?

It's also worth noting that nowhere on those T&Cs does it say the winners even have to be registered. The winning tickets will most likely just have a name printed on.

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

Had a bit of a meltdown earlier. Just started ripping open crates of mallets in my local Tesco and taking photos of the codes. I got six of them. 

No winners. 

And now I feel ashamed. 

That’s not good ... and even worse that you didn’t post where that branch is :) 

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

Had a bit of a meltdown earlier. Just started ripping open crates of mallets in my local Tesco and taking photos of the codes. I got six of them. 

No winners. 

And now I feel ashamed. 

The codes will only tell you if you've won one of their "instant wins" such as a festival pack or a tshirt.

Once the competition ends they are doing a draw of all the entered codes to win the tickets so nobody will know if they've won tickets until the end I believe.

Also as you live in the Isle of Wight I'm guessing the answer is no but you haven't recently relocated to Cardiff and raided my local Tesco codes have you? :lol: 

46 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Did the co-op winners just get a phone call to say they's won? it says on the terms and conditions that winners will be notified by email?

It's also worth noting that nowhere on those T&Cs does it say the winners even have to be registered. The winning tickets will most likely just have a name printed on.

I was told that I would receive an email confirmation today or tomorrow.... so I’m (im)patiently waiting ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lala1978 said:

I was told that I would receive an email confirmation today or tomorrow.... so I’m (im)patiently waiting ?

5 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

We were told the same 

Out of curiosity what number did the call come from? I had a missed call today from an 0161 number but ignored it as it was only 1 digit difference from a sales call I received on Monday so assuming it was just them.

Edited by DareToDibble

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

No winners. 

And now I feel ashamed. 

Missed my usual shop for the guardian scan. Walked on to a new one found via the store finder. Waited 10 mins for owner to come back as current till guy couldn't log in to e-pay unit without a code. He returns, we then realise they have no scanner, so I shout out manual instructions to try but they cannot find any options listed. Ends up with me round the back taking control of unit myself, going through menu options and entering the voucher code manually (FYI it was option 5 - Coupons, then I-MOVO). 

Receipt printed out, today's entry confirmed and job done! Nice bonus was the shopkeeper let me have a 7-up for free. Not quite full of shame but questioning some of my life choices all the same ? 

11 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

However it's worth noting that Tuborg is also horrible, yes! :lol: 

The only time I drink Tuborg is at a festival when there’s usually no alternative.

I wonder what percentage of Tuborg’s annual sales are at festivals? 

I don’t know anyone who has chosen to drink Tuborg when they have other options.

Has anyone ever walked into a pub, looked at the selection of lagers on offer and decided that they fancy a pint of Tuborg?

10 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Out of curiosity what number did the call come from? I had a missed call today from an 0161 number but ignored it as it was only 1 digit difference from a sales call I received on Monday so assuming it was just them.

My call came from a mobile number... but that’s not to say that they used the same phone. Here’s hoping!! 

Still waiting for the confirmation email ?

32 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

The only time I drink Tuborg is at a festival when there’s usually no alternative.

I wonder what percentage of Tuborg’s annual sales are at festivals? 

I don’t know anyone who has chosen to drink Tuborg when they have other options.

Has anyone ever walked into a pub, looked at the selection of lagers on offer and decided that they fancy a pint of Tuborg?

No way! And I don’t think I’ve ever seen Tuborg for sale at a pub in the uk.... ?

53 minutes ago, Lala1978 said:

No way! And I don’t think I’ve ever seen Tuborg for sale at a pub in the uk.... ?

I used to work in a bar in Nottingham and we had draught Tuborg - £3.20 a pint if I remember, £1.50 in (not so)Happy Hour.

Edit: Just remembered you also had the option to buy it in tins at the same venue.

Edited by Lakey91

2 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Still yet to find any shop that has a clue how to scan my guardian code in.

So not got one entry , very frustrating 

That's crazy, it really is easy. Have you not go a local Co-op, it's the easiest there because they do it all on one till. The PayPoint places with a separate yellow terminal are a bit trickier I admit.

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Unfortunately I called the number back this morning and it was a number for o2 as suspected. Dammit!

Gutted. ?

Is The Guardian comp still running. The website I'm on days it closed on the 7th May? ?

5 minutes ago, ameski18 said:

Gutted. ?

Is The Guardian comp still running. The website I'm on days it closed on the 7th May? ?

I think that’s in reference to their members/subscribers competition? 

Here is the poster of the one we’re doing with scanning our phones...

1809ADFE-13DC-442F-B6D6-4F0F4960BB2B.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ameski18 said:

Gutted. ?

I could be wrong but I'm reasonably sure it ends this Sunday (19th).

I had a training session at my local news agents, he's well prepared for my daily visits now.

Great work everyone who's won tickets, congratulation and have an amazing time. 

Still hope for the rest of us.