TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

8 hours ago, Superscally said:

? Got on my speedy horse. Made it before I turned into a pumpkin.

If there’s one person who doesn’t need a speedy horse it’s you, surely? Wouldn’t you outrun it? 

Welcome to the wonders of Gold, it’s a great club to be in! Good luck in the comp!!

I really wonder how our chances fair compared to actual ticket day, part of me thinks they might be better. - the commitment of some comps (guardian), fact you have to be over 18, a UK resident, not working be associated with any of the companies, and just people entering vs.not entered makes me think there’s not too wide of a margin. Although I guess 12 pairs vs 250000 sets it apart a little haha

16 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

If there’s one person who doesn’t need a speedy horse it’s you, surely? Wouldn’t you outrun it? 

Welcome to the wonders of Gold, it’s a great club to be in! Good luck in the comp!!

Maybe after a very long time and if the horse got bored ?

I am Gold (gold). Always believe in your soul.

42 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

I really wonder how our chances fair compared to actual ticket day, part of me thinks they might be better. - the commitment of some comps (guardian), fact you have to be over 18, a UK resident, not working be associated with any of the companies, and just people entering vs.not entered makes me think there’s not too wide of a margin. Although I guess 12 pairs vs 250000 sets it apart a little haha

So the Guardian daily readership in January was 141,000 and the Observer 165,000 but I doubt many of their normal readers would want to go to Glasto. So it will mostly be just the people who are buying the paper to enter the competition. From reading the forums here, I would guess there is probably around 50 people buying the paper regularly but what kind of subset is that of the festival going demographic?

1 efests member buying 16 papers will have 16 entries in the draw, lets says there are at least 100,000 entries overall and there are 12 pairs of tickets available. By my crude maths that makes you have a 1 in 520 chance of winning.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you got £15k to clear the efests debts...? :P

haha if we had that type of money we would be buying the bloody ridiculously priced hospitality tickets and clearing the debt ha! 

Lottery win anyone? 

20 minutes ago, Havors said:

haha if we had that type of money we would be buying the bloody ridiculously priced hospitality tickets and clearing the debt ha! 

Lottery win anyone? 

Could do with one ?

24 minutes ago, Havors said:

Lottery win anyone? 

Just put in on this morning in the hope I win big then I can do the whole £8,500 Yurt job!  

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

So the Guardian daily readership in January was 141,000 and the Observer 165,000 but I doubt many of their normal readers would want to go to Glasto. So it will mostly be just the people who are buying the paper to enter the competition. From reading the forums here, I would guess there is probably around 50 people buying the paper regularly but what kind of subset is that of the festival going demographic?

1 efests member buying 16 papers will have 16 entries in the draw, lets says there are at least 100,000 entries overall and there are 12 pairs of tickets available. By my crude maths that makes you have a 1 in 520 chance of winning.

Yeah and let’s not forget those able to find mallets , and those in a couple buying for each other... so a couple buying the guardian would have 32 entries ... 

Just now, Jne___ said:

Yeah and let’s not forget those able to find mallets , and those in a couple buying for each other... so a couple buying the guardian would have 32 entries ... 

Just now, Jne___ said:

Although mustn’t forget lurkers and thosw doing the comp not on efest!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Fun one to work out eh? Would love to know the final numbers. I'm reliably informed by someone who used to work there that for previous comps, where it was a simple URL entry form job, they would get around 15,000 entries (after filtering out duplicate entries). This comp is so awkward to enter, I'm just hoping the number is freakishly low. But even if it is you're still looking probably looking at a 1 in 100 shot