TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that's correct.

then you've got about a week to work that one out before the competition closes.

There's no disadvantage to entering near the end date. :) 

being a real nosey bollox, but how do you pick a winner - printed names out a hat? names on a dartboard? close eyes and point finger? put names into a random generator website?

:P

I have a ticket, good luck to everyone entering

7 minutes ago, CJTM said:

being a real nosey bollox, but how do you pick a winner - printed names out a hat? names on a dartboard? close eyes and point finger? put names into a random generator website?

a combination of random human and a program that randomises is used to select the winner randomly.

The human is added in because there's no such thing as truly random from a computer.

51 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Entries for the guardian finish tomorrow don't they?, the competition website says closed 

Got it to work all a bit twisted but it said successful. They didn't keep the receipt bit which I remembered about when I got home but I don't think she 100% was aware.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Got it to work all a bit twisted but it said successful. They didn't keep the receipt bit which I remembered about when I got home but I don't think she 100% was aware.

The Guardian one finishes on Sunday, the non-subscription one anyway.

Just now, eFestivals said:

don't think so. There were a couple of hundred already when I deleted yours.

I haven't entered :) ... and  i didn't think it for a second ... didn't you post about several thousand last time earlier in the thread .. just trying to keep the spirits up :) 

1 hour ago, cammie81 said:

Apologies, should the name for the competition match an existing Glastonbury registration? My Wife is registered under her maiden name I think.

There's no need for anything to match a glasto registration.

The winners will need to take photo ID with them to the festival to match the names on the tickets.

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Cheers for taking the time to sort this Neil. If this doesn't persuade people to get gold membership I don't know what will. I'm on that particular mission in the morning. ?

? Got on my speedy horse. Made it before I turned into a pumpkin.

Edited by Superscally