TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

I finally managed to get someone to scan my guardian barcode this morning after being unsuccessful at 8 different places yesterday. 

Still some confusion though as the lady that served me thought I worked for the Guardian and I had the voucher as some sort of employee benefit

Looks like they've deleted it.  They sent a personalized email to their entire customer base (inc myself) saying that you have won a vip trip to Madrid for the Champions League final. Whoops!

Just search for zavvi on twitter for a laugh.

Edited by rebus

5 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:
NOTE OPEN TO CO-OP COLLEAGES ONLY

1 pair of tickets
Closes: Entires to be received by Sunday 12th May 2019

Presume this is restricted to Co-op employees? Those friendships forged over the Guardian comp could pay dividends ?

So yesterday the winners of the Guardian members/subscribers should have been notified. 12 pairs of tickets gone there.

Today the winners of the GWR comp will notified. Only 1 pair of tickets up for grabs but fingers crossed everyone.

Sunday the National Express, Co-Op and Co-Op staff comps end, and all those winners will be notified sometime next week.

Guardian, WaterAid, Mallets have still got a bit more time to run on them and we are still waiting to hear about the eFests and EE comps.

Only other ones I can think may happen but we haven't heard about are Oxfam, Greenpeace and maybe whoever the lager supplier is this year so possibly Tuborg or Carlsberg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, al_coholic said:

So yesterday the winners of the Guardian members/subscribers should have been notified. 12 pairs of tickets gone there.

Today the winners of the GWR comp will notified. Only 1 pair of tickets up for grabs but fingers crossed everyone.

Sunday the National Express, Co-Op and Co-Op staff comps end, and all those winners will be notified sometime next week.

Guardian, WaterAid, Mallets have still got a bit more time to run on them and we are still waiting to hear about the eFests and EE comps.

Only other ones I can think may happen but we haven't heard about are Oxfam, Greenpeace and maybe whoever the lager supplier is this year so possibly Tuborg or Carlsberg

Guardian Members one was 'winners will be notified on or after 9 May' and before 9 June. Think they will need to check people who entered are subscribers or members, my Mum entered as she is a contributor and pays them £5 a month, but doesn't seem to be a member or subscriber when I checked. 

3 hours ago, al_coholic said:

and the BBC usually has a few pairs to give away on Radio 6, 1 and 2. 
Sometimes local newspapers have a few to give away.
Q mag is also an official media partner so maybe worth keeping an eye on them. 

7 hours ago, al_coholic said:

we are still waiting to hear about the eFests

they've finally been in contact with details but I'm needing a bit of clarification so haven't been able to finishing setting it up yet.

When it's set-up it'll need to be signed off before it's live, so that's unlikely to be before Monday now. :( 

The comp will be for 2 tickets. It'll run until 22nd May.

It's coming :) 

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they've finally been in contact with details but I'm needing a bit of clarification so haven't been able to finishing setting it up yet.

When it's set-up it'll need to be signed off before it's live, so that's unlikely to be before Monday now. :( 

The comp will be for 2 tickets. It'll run until 22nd May.

It's coming :) 

Great news for the site. Will it be a simple question and answer format like other comps?

Couple of interesting tweets I’ve seen today. Sorry for the fact they’re screenshots, not direct links to the tweets. Was too much faffing on my phone.

1: It appears GWR are picking their winners tomorrow 

2: I think a lot of people assume this Guardian competition was a one off thing, rather than scanning it each day for 2 weeks. Surely has to improve a lot of our chances if we’re doing it daily?

727F897C-723B-4949-AEAD-9CAE6BA2450A.png

C8B03C3C-5A8A-4E2C-9D77-741F498FB9F6.png

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep.

The 2nd ticket-holder's name will need to be supplied when entering.
(it appears that they don't want a reg number, but I'm just double-checking on that).

So I wouldn't be able to enter for my friends , better get them to get their acts together and enter 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yep.

The 2nd ticket-holder's name will need to be supplied when entering.
(it appears that they don't want a reg number, but I'm just double-checking on that).

seems a bit pointless to make you use registrations when the registration is open anyway.