TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

Just got my copy of the Guardian, the guy in the shop didn’t have a clue what was going on but sussed the scanning system out once I shown him the instructions.

One down, thirteen to go?

Picked up the guardian today! 

It seems a bit odd though - is the scanning of the barcode tracked to the purchase of the paper? Or could you request the barcode be scanned without purchase and get the same result? 

the guy at our newsagent knew exactly what to do! bit of a worry...

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

just got a phone call to tell me there'll be an efestivals competition after all. :D

It'll be for two tickets.

I can't say exactly when it'll start, but hopefully before the end of next week.

It does seem only right and proper that you should be given two tickets for your own competition. I'm glad that somebody saw fit to acknowledge this site, the way they have.

13 minutes ago, pantu the dog said:

Can anyone help with the guardian competition please? I just got a copy at the co-op and the woman behind the counter did not have a clue what to do even after I showed her all the various instructions. 

They have to scan the comp barcode through paypoint. If barcode doesn’t work on paypoint, they should follow the detailed instructions underneath the barcode for paypoint. You should end up with a till receipt showing 15p off they should keep the paypoint receipt. 

If they won’t do it., don’t buy the paper and go somewhere else

Edited by Levitz

1 minute ago, Levitz said:

They have to scan the comp barcode through paypoint. If barcode doesn’t work on paypoint, they should follow the detailed instructions underneath the barcode for paypoint. You should end up with a till receipt showing 15p off they should keep the paypoint receipt. 

Does this whole guardian competition rely on having to buy so many editions?

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

just got a phone call to tell me there'll be an efestivals competition after all. :D

I can't say exactly when it'll start, but hopefully before the end of next week.

So do you have tickets yourself as well as a competition.?

On 5/1/2019 at 12:00 PM, al_coholic said:

Just bought 2 x 4 packs of Mallets Cider from my local Tesco (Telford). Won a lounger and a Festival Pack. Not quite tickets but you never know. Signed up for the Guardian draw, but you have to buy a paper each day and they are £2.20 each and it runs for 14 days. Gotta be in it to win it though

Tbf I haven't bought a Guardian yet, at £2.20 for 14 days I think £30 is a lot to spend to potentially not get anything from it when there is another 3/4 competitions floating about.

1 hour ago, Levitz said:

If they won’t do it., don’t buy the paper and go somewhere else

Thank you, the 3rd shop I visited just about managed it by the looks of it :). She printed a receipt showing the 15p off, guess I'll be heading there every morning before work! 

14 minutes ago, pantu the dog said:

Thank you, the 3rd shop I visited just about managed it by the looks of it :). She printed a receipt showing the 15p off, guess I'll be heading there every morning before work! 

I was third time lucky as well

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Last day to get a refund was yesterday.  I wonder if this is the way that they are getting rid of any returns rather than a small resale. 

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

ah so you don't have to buy all 14 then?, I don't mind doing 2 or 3 but not £30's worth

Nah. If you buy it once during the 2 weeks, you’ll get 1 entry, if you buy it every day, you’ll get 14 entries.

It’s costing me a fortune as me and my girlfriend both have barcodes and I agreed as I am desperate to go I would buy them for both of us. Idiot.

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Nah. If you buy it once during the 2 weeks, you’ll get 1 entry, if you buy it every day, you’ll get 14 entries.

It’s costing me a fortune as me and my girlfriend both have barcodes and I agreed as I am desperate to go I would buy them for both of us. Idiot.

Okay cool, well I've not got it today which I'm guessing was the start day?, so it's just 1 for me.

Fairplay, it's a lot of money to not end up being successful. S you spend £60 and she covers the cost of your week on food and drink ;)

9 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

I've always wondered the same thing. If you untick the marketing box does it secretly filter you out! I always consent to marketing emails and then after the draw I unsubscribe. I also have a separate email account for stuff like this anyway so it doesn't clog up my normal inbox. 

I won T in the park tickets without subsciribing to the mailing list 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yeah.

Otherwise I think I'd know who's won the competition already. :P 

Will be interesting to see the reach of a competition on here, social media shares could be great publicity and good if it generates more users.

3 minutes ago, BigChief said:

Will be interesting to see the reach of a competition on here, social media shares could be great publicity and good if it generates more users.

Id like to see it generate more users for the forum but then get won by one of the long term people on here .. particularly on the resale thread 

16 minutes ago, freakifrank said:

Given up today , with Guardian competition . 2 shops and a petrol station all busy ,no one had any idea / time to work out what they needed to do for my entry into the competition.

Ah well tomorrow is another day.

Were they all on the listed stores?