TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

I think registration is open again now so I guess that isn't an issue?  

Unless they phone you up and go GIVE US THE NAMES NOW.  But I always assumed they'd contact you and then give you a chance contact friends to see if they are still up for it.

1 hour ago, uscore said:

I think registration is open again now so I guess that isn't an issue?  

Unless they phone you up and go GIVE US THE NAMES NOW.  But I always assumed they'd contact you and then give you a chance contact friends to see if they are still up for it.

• The winner will be notified by email (using the details provided at entry) by 14 May 2019. If a winner does not respond to National Express within five days of being notified, the winner's prize will be forfeited and National Express will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.

16 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve just gone with the one, always paranoid about being disqualified for multiple entries.

I found it a bit weird, just the word “Thanks” after entering. Haven’t even had an email to confirm my entry. Was it the same for everyone else?

Yea me too, no email just a thanks, quite nice normally but with this stuff I'd like 10 email confirmations of entry and loads of spam ffs!

Edited by Cooter

8 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve just gone with the one, always paranoid about being disqualified for multiple entries.

I found it a bit weird, just the word “Thanks” after entering. Haven’t even had an email to confirm my entry. Was it the same for everyone else?

That was my thinking, didn't want to cancel out an entry by entering again. 

I also enter my mate in all the competitions but after reading about multiple entries from one IP address I'm wondering if they are if they are accepted. 

33 minutes ago, Padgey said:

That was my thinking, didn't want to cancel out an entry by entering again. 

I also enter my mate in all the competitions but after reading about multiple entries from one IP address I'm wondering if they are if they are accepted. 

I hadn’t read about the IP issue. I signed myself and girlfriend up for the Guardian competition the other day. I got my email/barcode almost straight away but 3 days later she still hasn’t had one? I’ve even emailed to ask for one with no luck. 

Anyone else had this issue?

Edited by DareToDibble

20 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that found that weird, I was second guessing if it had gone through!

Did the Coop one play up for anyone else when they pressed submit?

Edited by Ozanne

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that found that weird, I was second guessing if it had gone through!

Did the Coop one play up for anyone else when they pressed submit?

Went through for me I think, but had no confirmation email.

Has anyone had confirmation from them?

You don’t get a confirmation email. It just says thanks for entering or summat when you submit. When you start getting co-op spam in your inbox you can assume they’ve got your details...?

Edited by MilkyJoe

21 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

You don’t get a confirmation email. It just says thanks for entering or summat when you submit. When you start getting co-op spam in your inbox you can assume they’ve got your details...?

Never needed spam more than I have with these competitions 

39 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Do you think it makes a difference if you don't tick the marketing box. Do you think they will sift those out of the competition? Always wondered 

I think they'd be on dangerous ground if it did, pretty sure these will be selected by a computer program. 

But if you ever enter a competition where you answer a survey and they are selected by hand (I.e. on a flight), always give them top marks for everything. Worked for us a few times :D.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just got a phone call to tell me there'll be an efestivals competition after all. :D

It'll be for two tickets.

I can't say exactly when it'll start, but hopefully before the end of next week.

Great news, well done to you.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Do you think it makes a difference if you don't tick the marketing box. Do you think they will sift those out of the competition? Always wondered 

I've always wondered the same thing. If you untick the marketing box does it secretly filter you out! I always consent to marketing emails and then after the draw I unsubscribe. I also have a separate email account for stuff like this anyway so it doesn't clog up my normal inbox. 

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just got a phone call to tell me there'll be an efestivals competition after all. :D

It'll be for two tickets.

I can't say exactly when it'll start, but hopefully before the end of next week.

Hooray!