CV East late Wednesday or Early Thursday

psychology

Hi All

We have always managed to arrive Tuesday afternoon but this year due to other commitments I don't have a lot of annual leave left. We may therefore have to arrive late Wednesday around 10pm or leave it until the Thursday and come up early aiming to get on site for around 11am.

We have a CV East quiet pass, has anyone arrived around these times, what's the traffic like?

Thanks

I'd imagine the traffic would be better on the Wednesday evening  than the Thursday. You might hit the tail end of rush hour but it should be fine after that.  I can't really say the same for leaving thursday morning.  

Even if the traffic is terrible and you roll up late, you're still going to wake up in Glastonbury.

6 hours ago, psychology said:

Hi All

We have always managed to arrive Tuesday afternoon but this year due to other commitments I don't have a lot of annual leave left. We may therefore have to arrive late Wednesday around 10pm or leave it until the Thursday and come up early aiming to get on site for around 11am.

We have a CV East quiet pass, has anyone arrived around these times, what's the traffic like?

Thanks

I imagine most will be in by wednesday evening... I would still want to get there weds pm rather than thurs am. If you are late wednesday evening and you have a small van i would just tell the security that your mate has a space for you in E20, rather than them put you at the back of E25..

Get parked and get down that hill..!

16 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I imagine most will be in by wednesday evening... I would still want to get there weds pm rather than thurs am. If you are late wednesday evening and you have a small van i would just tell the security that your mate has a space for you in E20, rather than them put you at the back of E25..

Get parked and get down that hill..!

Thanks guys, Wednesday night it is then :)

• 1 month later...

I’m in the campervan field this year for the first year (campervan West) and planning on getting down for around midday on the Wednesday...I know a lot of people mention getting into the campervan fields on the Tuesday..will getting there on the Wednesday effect much for me?? Will I be positioned miles away from the entrance gate for example?? 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, psychology said:

Managed to get both Tuesday and Wednesday off work as well now so see you all Tuesday afternoon ?

You know it makes sense.!

i love getting set-up on Tuesday afternoon, cracking open the cider and watching the fields fill up behind you... knowing that all you are going to do for the next 6 days is drink too much and enjoy yourself...

i like to be up by 7am on Wednesday with a cup of coffee on the HoD watching the masses trudge in with their inadequate trolleys..

not long now.!