Information magazine

hellsbells11118

So Im staying in camper van east section in motor home and will arrive Im guessing late Wednesday night.

I have read that there is a magazine or booklet plus a plastic ticket holder  and a cloth bag that you can get.

My question would be do these come in the post with your tickets or do you collect them on arrival.

If its the latter where would i collect them from? As we are getting there late will they run out of them?

When you get to the festival gate (not the car park) you give your ticket in, get half back, a wristband put on you and given a programme and a mini guide in a plastic wallet on a lanyard. I work as Crew so don't go through the same public entry procedures, but I think in recent years they've also given out cloth bags sometimes with added goodies: a loo roll, green tent pegs (a disaster) etc. They don't run out of stuff.

You might have read some old information - once upon a time there was a reasonably detailed information pamphlet called the "Fine Guide" posted to you with your tickets. Can't actually remember when they stopped sending it out but I'm guessing about 10 years ago - tho I might be off by 3 or 4 on that. All of the information it had and quite a bit more is on the official Web Site these days anyway.

Regarding the stuff given out at the gates, it's as mentioned above - although last time around they didn't hand out any cloth bags as the sponsor who'd paid for them previously stopped doing it. It remains to be seen if they'll bring them back this year or not.

so CV East is outside of the festival, your ticket will get you in and they will show you where to park up..

At your leisure you walk down the hill to the festival entrance gate and on first entry they will attach your wristband. The gate is open 24/7. This is where you get (if there is any) goodies.

each time you exit the gate (to go back to your camper) they will give you a 'pass out' ticket that you need to show on re-entry (this is where your plastic ticket holder lanyard comes in handy)... keep it safe.

enjoy!

When your trudging in heavily laden handing you the fest magazine or goodie bag can feel like a bazaar version of Its a Knockout... younger persons may need to Google this!

On a more serious note. The fest should have an app available to download which acts as a very good mini guide and planner as well as providing the latest info.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Lycra said:

When your trudging in heavily laden handing you the fest magazine or goodie bag can feel like a bazaar version of Its a Knockout... younger persons may need to Google this!

On a more serious note. The fest should have an app available to download which acts as a very good mini guide and planner as well as providing the latest info.

EE usually do one, so you can at least plan bands.

Screenshot_20190129-122238.png

Edited by vintagelaureate

10 hours ago, Lycra said:

This.... ?