Shoegaze & cobblers.

Yoghurt on a Stick

Please, please forgive me Neil, but I just had a thought on shoegaze, to do with something that happened in my life, and I just wanted to share it. Feel free to pull the plug on this one. There's a school of thought that would say that it certainly merits censorship!

Anyway, here it is : I once went to 'The Sanctuary' night club bit (at the back) and me and my mates all took acid. During the course of the evening, I kind of knew that I needed a shit, so went to the toilets. I then, I think, had a shit, but really wasn't certain that I had, had not, or was actually in the process of - shitting? Anyway, I waited a fair bit of time, then a bouncer knocked on the door asking what I was up to. I said I was just finishing off a shit, but actually had no idea whether I was or wasn't. To cut a long story short(er), I pulled up me bags, walked across the dance floor, and turned around to my mates and asked 'Can you see shit coming out of my jeans'? They answered 'No', all was well with the world.

Anyway, the disco (did I say disco? I meant rave - as in a down with the kids kind of way!),finished and we all went back to one of my mates house's, who happened to have a table with a smoked glass table table top (Yeah, I know, classy, or what?). Most people would have got rid of that table by now (or even by then) but this bloke's as tight as two coats of paint, and boy oh boy, is he going to get his moneys worth out of that table. 

Anyway, there was a fair crew of people around the table and one said 'Look down there. That's where the feet people live. Look at them, you can see them, you can see them'. etc And he was right, in that we all saw the foot people. We watched them wriggle and shuffle around, and we even fed them food. Sandwiches and fruit were thrown down up on them in order to nourish them and keep them alive.

Now, with that in mind, it occurs to me whether the 'foot people', enjoy a genre of music called 'humanheadgaze'?

They do say that there's two sides to every story. The two dimensional people. Did I ever tell you about the two dimensional peoplezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

All the besht!

Yog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Please, please forgive me Neil, but I just had a thought on shoegaze, to do with something that happened in my life, and I just wanted to share it. Feel free to pull the plug on this one. There's a school of thought that would say that it certainly merits censorship!

Anyway, here it is : I once went to 'The Sanctuary' night club bit (at the back) and me and my mates all took acid. During the course of the evening, I kind of knew that I needed a shit, so went to the toilets. I then, I think, had a shit, but really wasn't certain that I had, had not, or was actually in the process of - shitting? Anyway, I waited a fair bit of time, then a bouncer knocked on the door asking what I was up to. I said I was just finishing off a shit, but actually had no idea whether I was or wasn't. To cut a long story short(er), I pulled up me bags, walked across the dance floor, and turned around to my mates and asked 'Can you see shit coming out of my jeans'? They answered 'No', all was well with the world.

Anyway, the disco (did I say disco? I meant rave - as in a down with the kids kind of way!),finished and we all went back to one of my mates house's, who happened to have a table with a smoked glass table table top (Yeah, I know, classy, or what?). Most people would have got rid of that table by now (or even by then) but this bloke's as tight as two coats of paint, and boy oh boy, is he going to get his moneys worth out of that table. 

Anyway, there was a fair crew of people around the table and one said 'Look down there. That's where the feet people live. Look at them, you can see them, you can see them'. etc And he was right, in that we all saw the foot people. We watched them wriggle and shuffle around, and we even fed them food. Sandwiches and fruit were thrown down up on them in order to nourish them and keep them alive.

Now, with that in mind, it occurs to me whether the 'foot people', enjoy a genre of music called 'humanheadgaze'?

They do say that there's two sides to every story. The two dimensional people. Did I ever tell you about the two dimensional peoplezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

All the besht!

Yog

You got my address old son.. Sort me some out.. Lol

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Great story @Yoghurt on a Stick but what was the relevance of the part where you went for a shit?

Hello Gucci Piggy,

I only mentioned the shit thing it because it occurred that night also. I was trying to tell as much of the story as I could remember, at that time.

The above said, I now recall a certain somebody (F to the z) setting up a sound system while we were off our heads, and the following track was played (see below). It's kind of stuck with me since, that track has.

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like it’s still having an effect if these posts are anything to go by.

On a deep level that very possibly true. However, the initial post was very much drink fuelled. And man did I suffer most of yesterday as a result. I haven't felt that bad in years.

Apologies if the content offended anyone.

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

neil leaving this thread open but locking mine is proof that i am being persecuted for liking the 1975

You're being persecuted for your ruining of this forum via non-stop posting of inane trash. What is the point in a thread called 'Shoegaze' where the OP says nothing but "is a fucking boring genre"? Who on earth wants to waste their time reading that?

I can't remember the last time you made a remotely valuable contribution to this website and I'm honestly not sure why you haven't been banned yet. I for one know I'd be more likely to read the forum if I knew I wouldn't be greeted by some stupid post from you when I log on.

Either grow up or stop posting here.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You're being persecuted for your ruining of this forum via non-stop posting of inane trash. What is the point in a thread called 'Shoegaze' where the OP says nothing but "is a fucking boring genre"? Who on earth wants to waste their time reading that?

I can't remember the last time you made a remotely valuable contribution to this website and I'm honestly not sure why you haven't been banned yet. I for one know I'd be more likely to read the forum if I knew I wouldn't be greeted by some stupid post from you when I log on.

Either grow up or stop posting here.

spotted a chance to harvest a few upvotes have you pal