Couple of questions from an old regular

MJMilz14

Hey, I used to go to Reading every year (2004-2011 every year besides 05) but stopped going after last time I went feeling crazy old and also noticing a big change from people getting drunk and smoking a bit of pot, to an awful lot of people on hard drugs and decided it wasn't really for me anymore.

Recently I've been getting a real urge to go back to the place where my favorite memories from my teens and early twenties come from, and the Foos are the one band I still haven't seen that I've always wanted too so that's only made me want to go more. 

So people who go now, if I decided quite late on to grab a ticket would I get one? (Without meaning to make myself sound ancient, when I used to go if you didnt get a ticket on release day you didn't go without paying over the odds from secondary sources) and also how is it on your own? I'd try and get some friends to join but in my 30s now and friends are having kids, weddings and worrying about mortgages and the like... I enjoy my own company and have no problem going to the pub or whatever alone and making friends as I you, but a weekend miles away from home is obviously a lot bigger than an evening in a pub 15 minutes from home if I've not found anyone to keep me entertained. 

Sorry for the essay, had an evening of beers and listening to music from the time I was there every year, and figured rather than feeling nostalgic, why not go back and see what it's like now :)

It depends exactly what you mean by late on.

It still sells out every year I think it was late July, early August last year, maybe a little later. 

It will obviously be line up dependent but I suspect if you decided by early Summer you'd get a ticket

7 hours ago, Benj said:

It depends exactly what you mean by late on.

It still sells out every year I think it was late July, early August last year, maybe a little later. 

It will obviously be line up dependent but I suspect if you decided by early Summer you'd get a ticket

It doesn’t actually sell out, they stop selling tickets about 2 weeks before the event and just say its sold out ;)

I've been back a few times since I first went in 2004. I'd say half of it has changed. In the tents for BMTH, SWMRS and Front Bottoms and main stage for Fall out Boy, it was like it always was. But the acts that encourage a more insta-stories crowd, there was great energy in the pit for a lot of them, but not too far out from the pit it was insufferable with people talking through the songs then whooping inbetween. It was like that for Post Malone and Travis Scott (who i really enjoyed). The post Malone crowd was the worst cuz they filed themselves in during Creeper to get a good spot for later on. A lot of confusion, a lot of mirth and talking, so we bounced before the end - but not before witnessing the utter confusion of everyone around us trying to come to terms with what a circle put was. Only did a day this time. Can't imagine what tossers I'd have to deal with if I camped.

Young people kept losing their friends and coming to us for help. A mother approached me in the front bit of Fall Out Boy and told me how she'd seen me around all day and how well I''d done. Unless she was counting my pints for me, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Maybe it was always as young as this and I never noticed cuz I was the right age. You'll still have a great time providing the bands are what you're after. I'll do a day again this year probably.