Vampire Weekend Confirmed

stonedcircle

I'm not really a post-malone fan, I am however a massive fan of Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse (potentially the greatest animated film of all time, amirite?) so am well versed in the original of this song. This covers pretty nice, suits today's weather.

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

I'm not really a post-malone fan, I am however a massive fan of Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse (potentially the greatest animated film of all time, amirite?) so am well versed in the original of this song. This covers pretty nice, suits today's weather.

I like the original and this is also brilliant.... rather funky! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pretty good album, feels like a lot of the shorter tracks could be cut, don't really care for the songs with one of the Haim sisters but songs like How long, Sympathy, Unbearably White, This Life, Harmony Hall and Sunflower make up for it

I'd give it a 7/10, probably higher if the shorter singles were cut like 2021, flower moon and big blue 

Looking forward to hearing new stuff live, which I can't usually say for most bands I like so go Ezra and the gang

Edited by OddRon

Last time they played I didn't get a ticket, this time they are playing I haven't got a ticket! They'd be first on my list to see, I'm sure they are a jinx for me.

Been listening to the new album the last couple of days and quite enjoying it. 

3 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Glad it's not just me, will keep giving it a go as can see the potential but not reaching the heights of their previous stuff so far.

Yeah will keep listening and I’m sure it’ll grow on me, feel like they always improve with each album. Didn’t like Contra much at first but see it as miles better than their debut now. 

New album is growing on me with each listen but it's a curious mish mash, almost like they've added in the "Special edition bonus tracks". It probably would have benefited from being a normal length album - double albums almost always become self indulgent. There is enough good stuff on there though and I'm looking forward to seeing them, it'll be interesting how they balance the old/new stuff in an hour set.

11 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

New album is growing on me with each listen but it's a curious mish mash, almost like they've added in the "Special edition bonus tracks". It probably would have benefited from being a normal length album - double albums almost always become self indulgent. There is enough good stuff on there though and I'm looking forward to seeing them, it'll be interesting how they balance the old/new stuff in an hour set.

Was just thinking this. I'm hoping 4 songs from the new album and a mish mash of everything else, it could be a REALLY good set. Maybe even 5 if they do one of the shorter ones.
A punk Diane Young, Unbelievers, Holiday, Oxford Comma and I'd be very happy. 

They played nothing off the new album when I saw them in September (despite the album being pretty much in the can). Got to say,  I’d be really happy to hear the singles off the new album, I think they’re really strong, things like Harmony Hall, Sunflower etc. However, I’m sure they’ll bang out all the  old favourites. 

Personally, I’m enjoying the new album, and am very much looking forward to their performance, if they get the set list right, I think it could be excellent. 

First listen of the new album today and really liked it. 

Expecting them to play 3 maybe 4 off it (harmony hall is one of the best tracks they've done imo) and think they'll go down really well at glasto.

We got any idea when they'll be playing I think an early evening set just as the sun starts to go down would be perfect.

They've been third down Pyramid two previous times in the sun and enjoyed it the first time on the Friday, the second on the Sunday was a bit boring, I thought. 

Vampire Weekend are never going to be anyone's favourite act of the whole fest or their worst. Worth catching if there isn't a clash.

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

They've been third down Pyramid two previous times in the sun and enjoyed it the first time on the Friday, the second on the Sunday was a bit boring, I thought. 

Vampire Weekend are never going to be anyone's favourite act of the whole fest or their worst. Worth catching if there isn't a clash.

I think as with anything if the setting is right and the set list is correct them it could be a very fun set. Haven't seen them before so they're on my list. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I think as with anything if the setting is right and the set list is correct them it could be a very fun set. Haven't seen them before so they're on my list. 

The first I sacked off Turin Brakes in the acoustic tent and walked into the field as everyone was jumping around in the sun to Holiday, so that kind of landed on a plate.

If you've not seen them before then def give 'em a whirl.

Only just had a chance to listen to the new album properly due to being busy. Certainly not the fourth classic I’m sure a lot of people were hoping for but there’s a really good normal length album of songs in there for sure - it’s just cluttered amongst a lot of lacklustre shorter songs/what sound more like interludes or half ideas. I’m sure it’ll be a grower over time mind - I think the fact I’ve already heard so much of the good stuff here already that it’s hard to get excited about a lot of it. Currently liking the back end of it more just because I haven’t heard a lot of it already.