Vampire Weekend Confirmed

stonedcircle

34 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I found his interview interesting about how they'd played Glastonbury three times but never understood the magic until he did it as a punter, then found it life changing.

Shows that no matter how we all love the place, think bands are dying to play there and are happy to do so for 20 Woodbine and a packet of crisps, to most acts it's just another gig.

This is why I'm happy to have Lars or Coop or Lily Allen at any point. They really love and get the festival. I'll see them even if I don't care for their music.

Metallica were a highlight for me by the way :rock:

Edited by karaseen

4 hours ago, Havors said:

Ezra was like he almost had to stop himself confirming like he stopped himself. 

Im very positive about them being on now. 

yes, this is what it sounded like to me

Also, I don't see how many are saying they'll get a better spot than their last 2 times on the Pyramid, 3rd from top. it would surely be a (sad) statement of things if they were moved up to a pyramid sub spot based on their activity since 2013, and I say that as a somewhat fan of their stuff

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I found his interview interesting about how they'd played Glastonbury three times but never understood the magic until he did it as a punter, then found it life changing.

Shows that no matter how we all love the place, think bands are dying to play there and are happy to do so for 20 Woodbine and a packet of crisps, to most acts it's just another gig.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Yeah saw a recent interview with Roger Waters and Glastonbury came up - "I played it once.... I think?.."*glances inquisitively behind camera at manager for confirmation*. 

on the 2 bits above, I do think you should give Ezra a bit more credit here. I've heard him interviewed at Glastonbury last time I belleve and he corrected whoever was interviewing him as to the different stages they'd played in previous years...he know about the significance of Glastonbury it just seems like their schedules hadn't allowed them the chance to spend more than their day there. He's a NY guy who took the time to come back to Glastonbury a different year - over from the US - and spend a weekend there as a punter.  If the festival hadn't meant anything at all to him previously he wouldn't have done that. This is in a completely different class than Roge here... 

oh, and @The Nal - are u just discovering now in 2019 that Vampire Weekend sound like they've been listing to the Graceland album while growing up in the upper west side of Manhattan?!?! 

36 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

on the 2 bits above, I do think you should give Ezra a bit more credit here. I've heard him interviewed at Glastonbury last time I belleve and he corrected whoever was interviewing him as to the different stages they'd played in previous years...he know about the significance of Glastonbury it just seems like their schedules hadn't allowed them the chance to spend more than their day there. He's a NY guy who took the time to come back to Glastonbury a different year - over from the US - and spend a weekend there as a punter.  If the festival hadn't meant anything at all to him previously he wouldn't have done that. 

Fair point, well made.

2 hours ago, tevaburger said:

Also, I don't see how many are saying they'll get a better spot than their last 2 times on the Pyramid, 3rd from top. it would surely be a (sad) statement of things if they were moved up to a pyramid sub spot based on their activity since 2013, and I say that as a somewhat fan of their stuff

They wouldn’t be getting the spot based on their activity since 2013 - they’d be getting it based on the success of their last album and hype and (I assume) success of their new album. They wouldn’t be a huge sub, but definitely a deserving one. If Tame Impala can get the gig then Vampire Weekend certainly should. Pre-The Cure would be perfect. 

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They wouldn’t be getting the spot based on their activity since 2013 - they’d be getting it based on the success of their last album and hype and (I assume) success of their new album. They wouldn’t be a huge sub, but definitely a deserving one. If Tame Impala can get the gig then Vampire Weekend certainly should. Pre-The Cure would be perfect. 

I think Other sub, I can't see a Pyramid sub.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Was their last album generally well received? I saw them in 2013 and enjoyed it... but my interest has gradually declined since their debut. Liked the first new track though, will maybe give the previous album another listen...

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Was their last album generally well received? I saw them in 2013 and enjoyed it... but my interest has gradually declined since their debut. Liked the first new track though, will maybe give the previous album another listen...

Was a lot of major publications album of the year and as a fan I thought it was their best release yet. Remains to be seen if the new album will have the same impact but it’s definitely a massively hyped album, especially after the six year wait. 

• Like 1