Folk/Americana/Country at Glastonbury 2019

TheSheriff

On 1/27/2019 at 4:23 AM, nosajthing said:

How do we feel about Kacey Musgraves here? Played in 20...15? 16?  Missed her then but would love to catch her 

On 1/27/2019 at 4:28 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe the best album released last year, but I think she's playing the US on G weekend.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:21 AM, Mardy said:

Yep, love that Kacey M record. Absolutely gorgeous

CalGo's daytime job as Grammy's judge? 

57 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Jason Isbell has announced US tour dates for all of June. I'm in a right grump about it.

Have you seen the lineup for Black Deer? (He played it last year, right?) It’s a bit hit and miss but the good bits (Neko Case etc) are very good indeed

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

Have you seen the lineup for Black Deer? (He played it last year, right?) It’s a bit hit and miss but the good bits (Neko Case etc) are very good indeed

Am still in a right mood @Mardy. I need my dream undercard people to offset any shiteness of headliners. Plus we were well on the way with Janelle. Still, Wendy and Lisa et al, tomorrow night whoop.

42 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Still, Wendy and Lisa et al, tomorrow night whoop.

Ah is that tomorrow? just as well I didn't book a ticket, there's no way I'd have been able to make it back. I'm still jealous as all giddy-up about that, mind. Have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jay.driscoll said:

Would really love to see Ashleigh Mcbride there... not sure if she’s ever played before? But really enjoying her music....

An amazing artist would love her to be on the Farm.... With her  being on the Country 2 Country Bill in early March not sure how likely it would be that she be back in the UK in a couple of months time for Glastonbury 

12 hours ago, The Nal said:

Beautiful

Mesmerising 

• 2 weeks later...

Well this one off gig in London on the 27th really has my hopes up that Lukas will be there. I suspect if the rumour that Bradley Cooper is playing then the Promise Of The Real will be his backing band like the film. Knowing how much Lukas an the boys work they would also do their own set somewhere as well 

82483F35-DE54-43D1-A0F3-016D19DB6147.png

On 3/6/2019 at 7:31 PM, TheSheriff said:

Well this one off gig in London on the 27th really has my hopes up that Lukas will be there. I suspect if the rumour that Bradley Cooper is playing then the Promise Of The Real will be his backing band like the film. Knowing how much Lukas an the boys work they would also do their own set somewhere as well 

Mrs Moth will be made up by this tidbit.

Looks like they’ve a high probability of showing up to me.

Any Sarah Louise fans in here? Her new record, Nighttime Birds and Morning Stars is brilliant. Beautiful Appalachian 12-string folk with loads of drone elements. Ticks so many boxes for me. I would suggest the chance of her playing the Farm are remote, but she would be incredible in the Acoustic or in Avalon...

Ben

On 3/6/2019 at 1:31 AM, TheSheriff said:

yes, looks promising indeed especially with the B Cooper appearance

fortunately, I'm also all ticketed up for that July 26th show as well, where there's hope that other fella he backs up is making an appearance 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, actionstations said:

If anyone in here is coming to C2C at the O2 this weekend, my band's playing a couple of sets!

Saturday on the Big Entrance Stage at 11:50am

Sunday on the Icon Stage at 11:40am

Trying to get an Avalon Café set at Glasto, no word yet though...

New vid here if anyone's curious!

Nice, I like that. Good luck with the Avalon Cafe slot.

New album announced by the Rockingbirds. Released on 12th April.

Seen 'em twice at Glastonbury before, once early doors at the Park in 2010ish  and more recently in Wiliams Green in 2016.

This remains one of the finest songs ever written

On 3/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, tevaburger said:

yes, looks promising indeed especially with the B Cooper appearance

fortunately, I'm also all ticketed up for that July 26th show as well, where there's hope that other fella he backs up is making an appearance 

Unfortunately seems a little less promising as Neil Young and Promise Of The Real have announced a Denmark gig for Saturday 29th ? 

1 hour ago, TheSheriff said:

Unfortunately seems a little less promising as Neil Young and Promise Of The Real have announced a Denmark gig for Saturday 29th ? 

so London on the 27th for their own one-off gig and then off to the continent to start the Shakey tour which continues into Germany start of July I see..  I guess they couldn't go right into Shakey's first gig of Europe tour without a day's break which rules out a mid-afternoon Friday set up in the Park Somerset? that's the only hope, albeit slim. Will be interesting to see if B Cooper is at that London gig thursday  

Obviously I'm still hoping it's a Neil Young & Promise of The Real for Newport on July 27th after Lukas/Real's July 26 set, as it seems odd that they'd playing 2 years on the trot just themselves especially as they got a main stage slot there in 2018

Edited by tevaburger