Folk/Americana/Country at Glastonbury 2019

TheSheriff

Anyone listening to Better Oblivion Community Center, the Conor Oberst and Phoebe Bridgers collaboration?

I'm a cheap date with it as I've been a CO fan for quite a while, but that notwithstanding, it's really good. I can't seem to find any evidence that they're going to tour the record, but if they did I'd love to see them on the Farm.

Ben

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Anyone listening to Better Oblivion Community Center, the Conor Oberst and Phoebe Bridgers collaboration?

I'm a cheap date with it as I've been a CO fan for quite a while, but that notwithstanding, it's really good. I can't seem to find any evidence that they're going to tour the record, but if they did I'd love to see them on the Farm.

Ben

Yes really enjoyed it, been on constant rotation since the album dropped. Really hope they tour it. 

Phoebe Bridgers seems to be getting better and better as well 

At the more rocky/bluesy end of the Americana spectrum what about Drive by Truckers, and for a bit of guilty pleasure Blackberry Smoke?  Never seen DbT but I really like what I hear. BS are a great live band. 

On 1/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Unfortunately he's in Europe beginning of June for Best Kept Secret so unlikely to be coming back this way again after Firefly.

One more vote for Phospherescent - good live. Shame. Another great live band would be the Jayhawks. Not sure they are presently doing anything ?

1 hour ago, chuckles07 said:

At the more rocky/bluesy end of the Americana spectrum what about Drive by Truckers, and for a bit of guilty pleasure Blackberry Smoke?  Never seen DbT but I really like what I hear. BS are a great live band. 

Blackberry Smoke are playing Download a couple of weeks before so could make an appearance. Surprisingly Brothers Osborne also on the Download bill, would love to hear Weed, Whiskey and Willie at Glastonbury 

On 1/27/2019 at 9:40 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Just given it a listen and it's good thanks for the recommendation. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 9:40 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Update - World tour announced including finishing with three UK dates in early May. Just enough time for them to go home, put their feet up for a few weeks, and pop back to Pilton in late June...

Ben

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2019 at 6:09 PM, Madyaker said:

I don't normally like country but this is so good

far more country on these below ...

I just don't think 5pm or whenever it was on The Park was right in '16...maybe a quiet early scarce Pyramid slot with eager loyals in pit, ala The War on Drugs spot 5 yrs ago on the Friday perhaps

as brilliant as he is and as amazing as his output has been, his departure allowed for the amazing "Slave Ambient" to be made and sound as it does - win win for all of us 

• Upvote 2

On 1/29/2019 at 5:05 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Update - World tour announced including finishing with three UK dates in early May. Just enough time for them to go home, put their feet up for a few weeks, and pop back to Pilton in late June...

Ben

Got tickets for Bristol in May - cracking album. I love Phoebe Bridgers. She is great, Boygenius are great, and this is great. 

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Heard of them yeah but never saw them. Not a big country fan. Seems theyre cleaning house stateside though.

Ah ok, knew you'd have heard of them. Used to hang out with Colin years ago but good to see them doing well. Saw them in Navan years ago to have a bit of a catch up.