Folk/Americana/Country at Glastonbury 2019

TheSheriff

After talk of Americana in the Self Confirmation thread, it’s got me in the mood. So who do we want and who’s got a realistic chance at being on the Farm.

Would love Jason Isbell, John Butler Trio, Lukas Nelson and The Promise Of The Real, Marty Stuart and The Lone Bellow. There could be a chance of John Butler as he is playing Black Deer Festival the week before.

ps Got my first trip to Nashville in April so if any one been and go some tips let me know 

I would love to see Mandolin Orange and/or Colter Wall there. Sadly, tour-wise, I don't think the timings are right for them. Shovels & Rope also put on a great show, but I think Cary-Ann Hearst is pregnant, so not sure about that one either! I do wish there was more country/americana at Glastonbury in general. 

Nashville's great fun, I'm sure you have an amazing time whatever you do. If you're on Broadway, Layla's Bluegrass Inn is a great little venue. Obviously the Ryman/Opry, and the Country Music Hall of Fame is fun too. Third Man Records (you can record your own 7" in their recording booth). United Record Pressing do tours of the pressing plant on certain days too, so if you're interested in seeing vinyl getting made, go check them out! Sorry, I feel like these are all super obvious recs, but I haven't been often enough to have wandered off the beaten path yet! ?  Have a brilliant time! 

1 hour ago, goodmorningspider said:

Nashville's great fun, I'm sure you have an amazing time whatever you do. If you're on Broadway, Layla's Bluegrass Inn is a great little venue. Obviously the Ryman/Opry, and the Country Music Hall of Fame is fun too. Third Man Records (you can record your own 7" in their recording booth). United Record Pressing do tours of the pressing plant on certain days too, so if you're interested in seeing vinyl getting made, go check them out! Sorry, I feel like these are all super obvious recs, but I haven't been often enough to have wandered off the beaten path yet! ?  Have a brilliant time! 

Thanks mate most of that was on my list, I’m sure it will be cracking. 

On 1/24/2019 at 11:06 PM, pehaw said:

Saw The Avett Brothers at Avalon in 2010 - would love to see them back again. They've got a big gap in their US tour dates so it could happen.

An amazing live band. Serious energy with an incredible back catalogue. Emotionalism is one of my favourite albums. Carolina, Mignonette, The Gleam EPs brilliant. Though a bit too slick (Ruben producing) , I still enjoy the newer albums. 

On 1/24/2019 at 11:06 PM, pehaw said:

Saw The Avett Brothers at Avalon in 2010 - would love to see them back again. They've got a big gap in their US tour dates so it could happen.

An amazing live band. Serious energy with an incredible back catalogue. Emotionalism is one of my favourite albums. Carolina, Mignonette, The Gleam EPs brilliant. Though a bit too slick (Ruben producing) , I still enjoy the newer albums. 

PS: seeing them live at Red Rocks is right up there in my bucket list.. Maybe for my 50th if they're still going. 

Edited by Peter_Quaife

My main wish is the same it is every year, Butch Walker but never going to happen.

Others I'd love to see include Cracker, Golden Smog, Gillian Welch, Hollis Brown, Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer, Decemberists plus returns for the Ben Miller Band and Mississippi Allstars.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:12 PM, TheSheriff said:

After talk of Americana in the Self Confirmation thread, it’s got me in the mood. So who do we want and who’s got a realistic chance at being on the Farm.

Would love Jason Isbell, John Butler Trio, Lukas Nelson and The Promise Of The Real, Marty Stuart and The Lone Bellow. There could be a chance of John Butler as he is playing Black Deer Festival the week before.

ps Got my first trip to Nashville in April so if any one been and go some tips let me know 

Yazoo Brewery, Tailgate Brewery, Mickey's Bar. Are you running the marathon?