Godiva 2019

luckysalt

• 4 weeks later...

Frank Turner is playing Cov on Thurs 04th July - could this make him a candidate for Godiva - or is that asking to much?

Should've checked tour dates before posting - what a berk, he is in Lancaster the next night..

Edited by Perks
im an idiot

18 hours ago, Perks said:

Frank Turner is playing Cov on Thurs 04th July - could this make him a candidate for Godiva - or is that asking to much?

Should've checked tour dates before posting - what a berk, he is in Lancaster the next night..

Can't see it...you'd be well annoyed £30 to see him and he played the same place 2 days later for free!

Thinking maybe Editors 

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Can't see it...you'd be well annoyed £30 to see him and he played the same place 2 days later for free!

Thinking maybe Editors 

Yeah true, I really didn’t anything through before posting!!

Didnt Editors play last year? Doves?

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Thinking maybe Editors 

Just remembered hes in lancs the next day so i doubt he'd come back for godiva

Edited by Muppetmark

47 minutes ago, Perks said:

Yeah true, I really didn’t anything through before posting!!

Didnt Editors play last year? Doves?

Ha ha! Yeah...good shout. Didn't go last year as away somewhere else, Latitude I think

Can't see Doves, got a big gig at Perry Park in July so doing a freebie a few weeks before a few miles down the road would impact on sales

Shed 7 would be good.

2 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Ha ha! Yeah...good shout. Didn't go last year as away somewhere else, Latitude I think

Can't see Doves, got a big gig at Perry Park in July so doing a freebie a few weeks before a few miles down the road would impact on sales

Shed 7 would be good.

Can’t see sheds doing anything this summer.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Can’t see sheds doing anything this summer.

Wishful thinking...

You never know with Godiva...could literally be anybody as their music policy is all over the place!

Seeing Editors at Bearded Theory anyway so that's sorted!

3 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Wishful thinking...

You never know with Godiva...could literally be anybody as their music policy is all over the place!

Seeing Editors at Bearded Theory anyway so that's sorted!

Ha. I honestly thought the same when I was replying earlier, could end up being anyone with Godiva. Must reach out all over the place. Fair play to them though, they get some beauts.

See you at BT next week ?

7 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Shed 7 would be good.

Perry Park is billed as a Midlands Festival exclusive so yeah Doves are defo not at Godiva. 

I reckon as its not been announced yet it has to be someone doing a May festival like Ashcroft or Primal Scream at Neighbourhood or Suede at BT

Fair play trying to control the numbers. Saturday last year was rammed. We disappeared off to the wethersoons and came back for Gaz Coombes, which wasn't that busy a tent, but the grassy areas were heaving.

3 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

£2 a pop, can't complain!  

I think it it's probably the first step on a slippery slope, whether or not they mean it to be right now. A threshold has been crossed by charging and that starts to make people look at it in a way they haven't done previously.

For the council there's now the possibility of it becoming a fundraiser rather than a drain; bands might look for a more-normal fee when they're the draw making punters hand over money; etc, etc.

And from the other side, people who went previously are less likely to go now, and who the bands are will become more important in their choice to attend (which then causes a bigger importance to the bookings, and round it goes again).

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I think it it's probably the first step on a slippery slope, whether or not they mean it to be right now. A threshold has been crossed by charging and that starts to make people look at it in a way they haven't done previously.

For the council there's now the possibility of it becoming a fundraiser rather than a drain; bands might look for a more-normal fee when they're the draw making punters hand over money; etc, etc.

And from the other side, people who went previously are less likely to go now, and who the bands are will become more important in their choice to attend (which then causes a bigger importance to the bookings, and round it goes again).

You're totally right although £2 isn't bad, its like a lot of these tribute band festivals knocking about they go up every year btw, started at £1.50 one by me and I think it goes up 50p-£1 a year even though its just a admin/booking fee or whatever. 

Im surprised its only £2. I was expecting closer to £5. 

Also £10 car parking which was always free, that will give them a fair bit of income. 

Lets see who they get for the Saturday anyway. I expect we will get it next week.

19 hours ago, eFestivals said:

To add to the spiral, I'll be buying tickets for me and my girlfriend for all 3 days, even before I know if I can do every day. At £2 a throw, it's worth it. But if it sells out I'm denying someone else from going. Less people there, less icecreams and pints sold, more incentives to increase booking fees the following year.

• 2 weeks later...

This upcoming weekend its only 4 weeks away and so far we have Levellers and Busted and nothing else. Anyone think they're struggling to book acts for this years festival. Either that or they're trying to kill the thing off, I can only imagine the amount of people who are going to turn up on the day without a ticket and the shitstorm and bottlenecking thats gunna cause.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

This upcoming weekend its only 4 weeks away and so far we have Levellers and Busted and nothing else. Anyone think they're struggling to book acts for this years festival. Either that or they're trying to kill the thing off, I can only imagine the amount of people who are going to turn up on the day without a ticket and the shitstorm and bottlenecking thats gunna cause.

Perhaps they will just announce a full lineup in one go, doubt it though.

after forking out 2 quid for the Saturday it better go ahead. ?

It's definitely weird to have so little information. I figured they were waiting to get any ticket/booking fee backlash out of the way before an announcement, but now we've gone back to radio silence.

18 hours ago, thetime said:

Perhaps they will just announce a full lineup in one go, doubt it though.

after forking out 2 quid for the Saturday it better go ahead. ?

Odd they are selling tickets for the Saturday and not announced an act for it, who do they think they are Glastonbury - ha. Im going the Friday only, Levs are my fave band, not missing that for nothing

The ads on local trains appeared yesterday. Normally they lead with the bands booked but this time they just say LIVE MUSIC. FAMILY FUN. RIDES. FOOD that sort of thing. Very general. No names on it at all.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:59 PM, luckysalt said:

Also £10 car parking which was always free, that will give them a fair bit of income. 

As someone that lives near to the park, the onsite parking took away some of the mayhem we had in previous years with some people more or less parking where they liked . On corners or over someones drive seemed to be favorites.

We have been blocked in for most of a day in previous years.

It will be interesting to see if the £10 charge is going to lead to more trying to park on the streets again.

21 hours ago, Padjeq said:

The ads on local trains appeared yesterday. Normally they lead with the bands booked but this time they just say LIVE MUSIC. FAMILY FUN. RIDES. FOOD that sort of thing. Very general. No names on it at all.

That's weird. Presumably they won't bother with the cost reprinting another lot when the bands are announced which suggests they're obviously thinking particular bands won't be the main reason people will be going this year