Emerging Talent Competition 2019

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'm going in for it but has a electronica artist ever made even the finalist cut? Always seems to be guys with acoustic guitars.

Don't rate my chances much to be honest. 

previous winners and finalists have been along electronic lines, We Have Band won for example. The competition is now just one night and 6 finalists, previously it was 2 days and 12 finalists which broadened it a bit. She Drew the Gun won a couple of years ago, Josh Barry last time, Declan bloody McKenna won, I don't really remember any "guys with acoustic guitars" since Stornoway maybe. The long list is whittled down by a bunch of bloggers, each gets a number of bands and makes a pick.  The shortlist is then reduced by various Eavis's etc to the finalists.

If you are good you stand a chance the same as anyone. 

12 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'm going in for it but has a electronica artist ever made even the finalist cut? Always seems to be guys with acoustic guitars.

Don't rate my chances much to be honest. 

2017 Josh Barry . No acoustic guitar

2016 She Drew the Gun . No acoustic guitar 

2015 M + A . Electronic duo. No acoustic guitar .

so you have the same chance as any other style/ genre. 

7 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I remember seeing you at the WOW festival near Burston back in 2017 - thought you were very good. Best of luck.

nice one! yeah that was an OK fest, though I seem to remember some horrendous confusion over set times... I think the organiser changed everything round without telling anybody or something ridiculous!

Anyway, thanks for remembering us! our proper new debut single is out 15th Feb! :D https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/frozen-in-our-time-single/1449701480

Edited by actionstations

3 hours ago, pilton digger said:

previous winners and finalists have been along electronic lines, We Have Band won for example. The competition is now just one night and 6 finalists, previously it was 2 days and 12 finalists which broadened it a bit. She Drew the Gun won a couple of years ago, Josh Barry last time, Declan bloody McKenna won, I don't really remember any "guys with acoustic guitars" since Stornoway maybe. The long list is whittled down by a bunch of bloggers, each gets a number of bands and makes a pick.  The shortlist is then reduced by various Eavis's etc to the finalists.

If you are good you stand a chance the same as anyone. 

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

2017 Josh Barry . No acoustic guitar

2016 She Drew the Gun . No acoustic guitar 

2015 M + A . Electronic duo. No acoustic guitar .

so you have the same chance as any other style/ genre. 

Maybe I was being a bit ott with the acoustic guitar thing.

Judge for yourselves but I'll probably just be labelled as someone who isn't doing much "live'

9 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Maybe I was being a bit ott with the acoustic guitar thing.

Judge for yourselves but I'll probably just be labelled as someone who isn't doing much "live'

I’m not a judge at ET (Pilton party auditions is another matter :ph34r:)

but you’ve got to be in it to win it as they say. I think it all depends which music blogger gets your tape. If they are into your genre of music then you are more likely to get through, even if this is a subliminal bias IMHO. Although they are all picked because they have an unbiased approach to the selection process. 

Anyways good luck to all that enter.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

From previous experience a few of the finalists tend to get spots. At least I'm hoping so I think Liines the band I have supported for quite a while would be great at William's Green. The good news is all the finalists will hopefully get a few more listeners. I'll certainly check them all out once I've got re-sale out of the way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

From previous experience a few of the finalists tend to get spots. At least I'm hoping so I think Liines the band I have supported for quite a while would be great at William's Green. The good news is all the finalists will hopefully get a few more listeners. I'll certainly check them all out once I've got re-sale out of the way. 

all of them have been told they'll get spots.

7 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Thanks for this. Nice to see a run through of all the acts. Wish they streamed it live so we could watch but sounds like there is a good selection of new talent at the festival.