Foals

RarerThanDandyB

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They did just seem to keep adding dates over lockdown. They had the tour for 2020, then a couple more for 2021 and they’ve all moved back to 2022 together with some new dates on top. Will probably have an intimate tour for the new album too, and then a winter tour.

Hard to get too much Foals tho.

Yeah I remember an intimate tour for Part 1 it must have been pre covid and managed to bag tickets for them at liquid rooms in Edinburgh pretty small venue. Unreal. Wee Barrowlands show or something would be tasty but I doubt it.

They're always about Foals which is great, pretty consistent touring and album releases for years 

On 2/16/2022 at 9:06 AM, Havors said:

Would love that. Maybe being a longer set they may squeeze a couple in. Milk & Black Spiders is possibly my favourite song of thiers

Milk is a belter live too, saw them play it once when they toured Holy Fire. I’m sure I remember reading that there were plans to bring back After Glow as well, early lockdown though so maybe they’ve decided to bin it 

On 2/19/2022 at 9:29 AM, nikkic said:

Re-watched their secret set last night.

Doesn’t get much better than that really, everything you’d want from a festival set. 

Full headline set on The Other will be epic. 

I missed Spanish Sahara on that one, but no doubts they will include it in their headline set (I can imagine around one hour and a half set). 

7 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I missed Spanish Sahara on that one, but no doubts they will include it in their headline set (I can imagine around one hour and a half set). 

Yeah that was the obvious omission.

Chuck in 2AM, Wake Me Up, Black Bull, The Runner, On The Luna, Cassius and one more new one and you’re about there I reckon. 

How's this for a setlist?

The Runner

2am

Mountain At My Gates

Olympic Airways

My Number

Black Gold

In Degrees

Wake Me Up

Birch Tree

On The Luna

Providence

Spanish Sahara

Red Socks Pugie

Exits

Inhaler
(Encore)

Black Bull

What Went Down

Two Steps Twice

Plus a couple more new tunes once they're out...

edit: actually, 2am is probably much better off mid-set. Banger, either way

Edited by wro_lap

3 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

How's this for a setlist?

The Runner

2am

Mountain At My Gates

Olympic Airways

My Number

Black Gold

In Degrees

Wake Me Up

Birch Tree

On The Luna

Providence

Spanish Sahara

Red Socks Pugie

Exits

Inhaler
(Encore)

Black Bull

What Went Down

Two Steps Twice

Plus a couple more new tunes once they're out...

They gonna be getting a special 2 hour 30 Other headline slot?

How long do Other headliners usually get? An hour 15, maybe 30 if they’re lucky? So if I’m being slightly ambitious but maybe even one or two songs need a cut:

Wake Me Up

Mountain at My Gates

Olympic Airways

The Runner

2am

-New song-

In Degrees

Spanish Sahara

My Number

Red Sock Pugie

Black Bull 

-New song-

Inhaler

What Went Down

Two Steps Twice

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

No Providence no party

I agree that it should be there because it’s a banger, but Foals have gotten to the point now where their setlists have become pretty predictable due to how much material they have and how many ‘mainstays’ they now have, and Providence hasn’t really been a mainstay for a few years now. Here’s hoping they bring it back though (in place of Mountain, hopefully).

I'm not sure how I feel about Foals headlining the other. I've seen them twice, and have got tickets the week after Glasto. If they're the best option, I'll probably sell my tickets for Manchester. I think they're good, but there's ample opportunity to see them, so I'll be slightly underwhelmed if it's my Friday night choice. Although it will be a good party and not a bad first headliner back after 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's being talked about in a few threads but 'big news' coming tomorrow. Quite possibly album release date and preorder details. The last two (maybe more) albums came with an intimate tour for preorders so y'know... stand by your wallets.

https://twitter.com/foals/status/1498370855415521282

Ah do we not already have an album release date? Had it in my head it was just after Glastonbury but maybe I made that up. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah do we not already have an album release date? Had it in my head it was just after Glastonbury but maybe I made that up. 

'Summer' was all we've heard officially so far, I believe.

Would fucking suck if it's just after Glastonbury. Suck for you, because I'm seeing them after Glastonbury.

There's a tracklist that nobody has posted. But it's just words innit. Doesn't mean anything right now. There is, however, a song called 'The Sound', because jokers on www.eFestivals.com weren't having enough fun saying "The 1975 vs Foals" already.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

'Summer' was all we've heard officially so far, I believe.

Would fucking suck if it's just after Glastonbury. Suck for you, because I'm seeing them after Glastonbury.

There's a tracklist that nobody has posted. But it's just words innit. Doesn't mean anything right now. There is, however, a song called 'The Sound', because jokers on www.eFestivals.com weren't having enough fun saying "The 1975 vs Foals" already.

What’s eFestivals.com?

On 2/15/2022 at 7:33 PM, dentalplan said:

Just went looking thru old videos because they posted the new video for 2am and man does this have me psyched for Glasto and Foals and Foals at Glasto.

Also noticed a pre-fame Arlo Parks is in-shot in the first few seconds but I'm not psyched for her at Glasto or in general.

That's a tremendous video.