Foals

RarerThanDandyB

13 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Would've been more exciting if they'd actually released it at 2am. Classic Foals album fluff. 

At least its not rubbish, so already on a better track than ...Part 2 

Maybe they’ll play it at 2am on the Hell Stage.

Oh, Foals 😞

What went down after What Went Down 😞

I used to love this band so much, they were probably my favourite band for a period of time.

Then.. the double album. You could hear it had been self produced by a mile off. Fucking sucked. This stuff isn’t great either imo.

I genuinely used to think they were gonna headline everything, they were shit hot. Saw them at Beni 1 year and Spanish Sahara was one of them moments I will remember for the rest of my life. Such a shame man

Not dismissing the complaints about their new song(s) but do y’all not think you’re expecting a bit much?

They’re nearly 7 albums deep, 17 years as a band and also a massive mainstream rock act. Did people listen to Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul when it came out expecting it to be Morning Glory? I just think the band are at a mature point, so are we. The familiarity sells and curveballs aren’t likely.

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not dismissing the complaints about their new song(s) but do y’all not think you’re expecting a bit much?

They’re nearly 7 albums deep, 17 years as a band and also a massive mainstream rock act. Did people listen to Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul when it came out expecting it to be Morning Glory? I just think the band are at a mature point, so are we. The familiarity sells and curveballs aren’t likely.

I just think it’s a bit dull as a single, but then I guess a lot second singles are so hey ho. 

The first track slaps so I defo think the album is set to be a winner. 

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yea this is true ya kno. Maybe it’s that idk

Tbh I still think if they’d have taken most of Pt1 of the double albums and some of Pt2 and condensed it in to a single album then it would’ve been a pretty fire Foals record, but alas they had to go and spread themselves a bit too thin. I’m not expecting this new one to be anything too special, but suppose a fairly good listen through with a couple of future live favourites isn’t anything to turn your nose up with a band like them. 

The lesson to be learned is that if a band releases two albums separately, they should just give them two different names.

I get that the best double-albums exist for artistic purposes. I get albums that are released simultaneously that serve different purposes (Bright Eyes with I'm Wide Awake... and Digital Ash..., or the Boss with Human Touch and Lucky Town). But releasing a 'two-part project' that can be listened to one-part-at-a-time is just nonsense, and people are going to immediately think they're not listening to a fully-formed album.

I do like both albums but I understand the criticism of the project as a whole and it could have been mostly avoided if not for a bizarre approach.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The lesson to be learned is that if a band releases two albums separately, they should just give them two different names.

I get that the best double-albums exist for artistic purposes. I get albums that are released simultaneously that serve different purposes (Bright Eyes with I'm Wide Awake... and Digital Ash..., or the Boss with Human Touch and Lucky Town). But releasing a 'two-part project' that can be listened to one-part-at-a-time is just nonsense, and people are going to immediately think they're not listening to a fully-formed album.

I do like both albums but I understand the criticism of the project as a whole and it could have been mostly avoided if not for a bizarre approach.

Thinking about it, I'm sure that Kid A - one of the best albums of all time - would not be seen as one of the best albums of all time if it was called Kid Amnesiac, Part 1 or something to that effect, instead of just an album then another album later on from the same sessions(-ish). Would've been a disaster and changed the course of musical history.

Will surely be a special occasion for me, i've had some of the worst luck when it comes to seeing Foals, it all started when their show was cancelled half way through before it really even got started at This Is Tomorrow, then once again missed them when Boardmasters cancelled due to weather in 2019, then had tickets to three of their own shows that were all effected by the pandemic, which i've since had to refund, then finally they dropped out of Kendal Calling. That set at Glastonbury will feel like it's been a long time coming, that on top of it being my first Glasto headliner will make for one hell of a party

• Upvote 5

I think it will be one hell of an evening.

➡️ First Glasto headliner back for everyone there

➡️ Will be Friday night so everyone will have energy

➡️ They might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but you only got to look at the crowd from 2019 to know they’ll be a massive draw

➡️ Very few bands can put on a show like Foals, and they love the festival so you just know they’ll be going all out for it too. 

All that combined will make for an incredible show. Will it be talked about years down the line? Probably not, but for me it’ll be an incredible welcome back to the best place on earth 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Will surely be a special occasion for me, i've had some of the worst luck when it comes to seeing Foals, it all started when their show was cancelled half way through before it really even got started at This Is Tomorrow, then once again missed them when Boardmasters cancelled due to weather in 2019, then had tickets to three of their own shows that were all effected by the pandemic, which i've since had to refund, then finally they dropped out of Kendal Calling. That set at Glastonbury will feel like it's been a long time coming, that on top of it being my first Glasto headliner will make for one hell of a party

They stopped the gig half way through? For what reason?