Foals

RarerThanDandyB

On 12/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, AlexOvd said:

Headlining Sunday other. Stop the boring Noel rumours :)

Boring Noel boring foals and they were there last year. Give someone else a chance. Underworld would be great ✌?Let’s get some dance on the bigger stages 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Any word on prices for the Shepherd's Bush gig? Gonna try for a few tomorrow and wanna know if I'm looking more at £30 or £65.

I've been trying to find this out too but had no luck. But I'm gonna guess about £40ish? From what I remember of last year's War Child shows, I think they were around the same price as the acts normal shows

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Any word on prices for the Shepherd's Bush gig? Gonna try for a few tomorrow and wanna know if I'm looking more at £30 or £65.

58 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've been trying to find this out too but had no luck. But I'm gonna guess about £40ish? From what I remember of last year's War Child shows, I think they were around the same price as the acts normal shows

I bought tickets for the War Child Bastille gig and that was £51each inclusive of booking fees etc. I know its a different band but might give a clue for the price they are after for an established group.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

New songs next week, looks like it’ll be the one they played live this summer. The double album thing didn’t really work for me, the first album was good but the second was a bit of a disappointment and overall I’d say they’re Foals weakest two albums. I’m looking forward to new stuff from them though, interested to see what direction they go in.

Bring on the Pyramid headline slot!

14 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

New songs next week, looks like it’ll be the one they played live this summer. The double album thing didn’t really work for me, the first album was good but the second was a bit of a disappointment and overall I’d say they’re Foals weakest two albums. I’m looking forward to new stuff from them though, interested to see what direction they go in.

Bring on the Pyramid headline slot!

As with all bands like them who attempt the double album thing, there’s a really great single album in there for sure, but like all bands like them, given the opportunity to whittle it down they undoubtedly would’ve chosen the wrong songs to keep anyway. 

The days of me being excited to hear new Foals stuff are pretty much gone now as I think they’ve just settled in to their comfort zone now, but always willing to be pleasantly surprised.

Interesting - I've struggled with some of the album tracks on previous Foals albums but haven't here. I agree there's a good 12-14 song album in this, but there was enough to keep me interested across the two LPs.

Was about to ask aloud if they'd been announced for any dates next year only to remember I still have tickets from a deferred Brixton show. Unless there was a festival announcement that had passed me by.

19 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Yup, the new single is Novo (Wake Me Up), which they played in the summer. Would be unusual timing to announce a whole new album though, given they've still not properly toured Part 2.

They've barely been able to tour for the last year or two so they probably have had nothing else to do than write and record music.

• 3 months later...