Foals

RarerThanDandyB

4 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Sorry I’m confused. Why might they not be playing? They’ve been ruled out on Friday, but the rest is open unless I’m missing something

Friday's always been the most likely. Saturday it's looking extremely likely Aerosmith are in the sub spot, seems unlikely they'll go up against Macca. They could still be headliner the Other opposite Swifty but I'm sure there's some info pointing to that being Noel. 

Still not ruled out but personally I'm moving them to my 'probably not this year' pile. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

They’re in France on the Friday so unless they’re up against Macca which seems unlikely then it seems unlikely that they’re an Other stage headliner. Sunday Pyramid sub? Obviously they could be up against Taylor but Noel makes more sense for that imo.

Headlining Sunday other. Stop the boring Noel rumours :)

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Friday's always been the most likely. Saturday it's looking extremely likely Aerosmith are in the sub spot, seems unlikely they'll go up against Macca. They could still be headliner the Other opposite Swifty but I'm sure there's some info pointing to that being Noel. 

Still not ruled out but personally I'm moving them to my 'probably not this year' pile. 

Thanks. Up to speed now. I always silently question the e fests hate in on anything Oasis (we are plebs, gammon etc etc.) which in my opinion is contorting where Noel will be playing (if playing at all). Would love the Foals but personal preference would be opposite kendrick

On 11/19/2019 at 3:16 AM, wro_lap said:

I’ll hold out for a Foals 2021 headline tbh

You can hold out for a 2030 one if you want but you won't get it

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

They’re in France on the Friday so unless they’re up against Macca which seems unlikely then it seems unlikely that they’re an Other stage headliner. Sunday Pyramid sub? Obviously they could be up against Taylor but Noel makes more sense for that imo.

I think Noel playing Saturday Pyramid makes more sense leaving him free to have some beverages Sunday. He is not at all above playing a 3rd down Pyramid slot if it happened and he will definitely see a slot below Aerosmith and Macca as bigger than below The Killers....which it is. Noel's big moment that he's been waiting for to play.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And how long ago was it that it seemed to be it was looking that Foals and the 1975 were both in contention to headline and now neither might be  playing at all?

It was a long time ago as that was never the case, anyone believing that I'd a bit silly.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Only problem with The 1975 going up against Kendrick is that they’d pull a mammoth crowd, possibly bigger than his. 

That is a fair point.  Come to think of it, what about Dua vs Kendrick and The 1975 taking some of the youth away from Macca?

Stick Orbital on JP and Thom Yorke on West Holts (Friday)  there’s quite a lot of music variation 

Edited by sisco

"Pyramid size headliners" - "we have gone big this year on Other" and then Dua Lipa and Noel? Are they actually bigger than Chemical Brothers or Tame Impala last year? Because I don't think so. I have seen this last two ones headlining European festivals and Dua Lipa/Noel in second lines always. I don't know, I am a bit sceptical about that even though technically/calendar it can be obvious.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Only problem with The 1975 going up against Kendrick is that they’d pull a mammoth crowd, possibly bigger than his. 

Yeah I'd say The 1975 are definitely a bigger deal than Kendrick in the UK so putting them up against each other would be a strange move. I really don't taking an Other headline slot anyway.

50 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

"Pyramid size headliners" - "we have gone big this year on Other" and then Dua Lipa and Noel? Are they actually bigger than Chemical Brothers or Tame Impala last year? Because I don't think so. I have seen this last two ones headlining European festivals and Dua Lipa/Noel in second lines always. I don't know, I am a bit sceptical about that even though technically/calendar it can be obvious.

Emily was definitely being generous with her statement about the size of the Other headliners. Noel has headlined some sizeable festivals himself (although taking a slight dip recently) and Dua is an act on the up and up, so arguments could be made for both of them being ‘headliner size’ even though they’re clearly not. They can’t put actual headliner sized acts on the Other because then you run in to the problem of the act on Other possibly pulling a lot of the Pyramid crowd away.

It was probably silly for Emily to say anything in the first place as it’s only going to lead to disappointment when the three Other headliners are only slightly bigger than usual, or acts most would expect to sub the Pyramid.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It was probably silly for Emily to say anything in the first place as it’s only going to lead to disappointment when the three Other headliners are only slightly bigger than usual, or acts most would expect to sub the Pyramid.

I dunno, they're gonna have to look lower down for headliners now, and we'll feel that especially after this year. Yeah it'll seem a tad disappointing now but its something to look back on when we get headliners this size in the future, it certainly opens up more female headliner prospects if you consider Dua Lipa headline material. It wouldn't surprise me if she says it again when the line-up is announced, easy way of preparing people. 

17 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And how long ago was it that it seemed to be it was looking that Foals and the 1975 were both in contention to headline and now neither might be  playing at all?

There's nothing to say 1975 wont be playing, they've just been put on the rumours for Friday Other headline. 

When you say 'it was looking like' you're talking about 20 people on the internet who don't know much about whats happening behind the scenes discussing if they can headline for a few months. We go through dozens of headliner talks every year, this was no different. 

Signed up for Amazon Prime this month for all of the football they are showing. Only realised last night that Rip up the Road was on it. What a brilliant watch. So interesting to see behind the scenes, especially immediately before and after gig/festival shows seeing the effect different crowds can have on the band.

Really well filmed and edited - would love more bands to do something like this.

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Thats fine, more space for me at the pyramid and all the mongs will be at the other stage.

I think the Foals dream is surely dead. Hard to see where they'd fit in now and despite it seeming likely initially we've had no solid info that they're actually booked

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1