Foals

RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Apples and Oranges..... 

Two very different types of band/music so your comparison is a bit pointless. They could both headline the same year they are that different. 

I don't think they'd take a chance on 2 newer bands in this same year, especially when both would like draw up some controversy ala Stormzy (1975 are very divisive and the tumblweed for Foals). Hence why I don't think Foals have a chance, as if they are gonna book someone who is a little more risky they would be silly not to pick 1975 if they have the choice

4 hours ago, foolee said:

Does anyone have any idea when they'll tour next, end of the year or start of next year? Eagerly waiting for a tour to be announced but nothing as yet or are we expecting that after festival season the tours for the end of year to start getting announced? 

Nah they’d have announced by now if they were gearing up to tour later this year. I would guess that arena dates for early 2020 will be announced when the new album comes out.

edit: ah shit Hugh already said all that. ‘What he said’, then.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

New choon tonight on radio 1, the teaser includes a riff that sounds like Foals.

I wasn't massively excited for part one and dead excited about part two, in the end I really enjoyed part one so I'm worried I won't enjoy part two that much, I hope its not just Now Thats What I Call A Foals Riff.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

New choon tonight on radio 1, the teaser includes a riff that sounds like Foals.

I wasn't massively excited for part one and dead excited about part two, in the end I really enjoyed part one so I'm worried I won't enjoy part two that much, I hope its not just Now Thats What I Call A Foals Riff.

It is, and it’s gonna be about a dingo in the desert at sunset and you’re gonna fucking well enjoy it.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, Mattymooz said:

I think Foals' headline chances for next year die when you look at these 2 pictures:

Sure Spotify numbers aren't 100% for comparisons, but I honestly don't see why Foals would be booked to headline next year at all over The 1975. Even looking at both bands lead singles for the second half of their double albums, 1975's is twice as popular. They also charted better, have received more critical acclaim etc. I guess if for some reason 1975's touring schedule doesn't lineup for Glasto then fair enough, maybe Foals get booked then, but I expect 1975 wouldn't be saying no if they got the phone call

Not hugely sold on Spotify plays as a good metric. The 1975 are undoubtedly bigger in the US which will distort hugely, and also tends to be largely irrelevant in deciding a Glastonbury headliner (see Stormzy). Also The 1975 album came out 4(?) months earlier.

9 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Not hugely sold on Spotify plays as a good metric. The 1975 are undoubtedly bigger in the US which will distort hugely, and also tends to be largely irrelevant in deciding a Glastonbury headliner (see Stormzy). Also The 1975 album came out 4(?) months earlier.

Not sure if 4 months is equivilent to 80 mill streams though. Sure Spotify numbers arent everything but its a good indicator along with tour dates, other fest positions, chart sales etc. and I'm pretty sure 1975 are ahead in every metric. I'm not saying Foals will never headline/arent ready for a Stormzy style bump-up, but I don't see why Glasto would risk them this year when 1975 are ready in the wings.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tracklist for Pt. 2 is out. Won't go into the names of songs because you can easily guess them all but PRETTY HYPED RIGHT NOW about' a 10 minute closer.

Someone on reddit used shazam to identify which Part 2 songs certain teasers belong to, Neptune is gonna be f*cking magical!

Also a track by track here

http://diymag.com/2019/09/09/track-by-track-inside-everything-not-saved-will-be-lost-part-2