Foals

RarerThanDandyB

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Snake Oil is the obvious comparison, surely?

Oh yeah now you say that, that's pretty spot on.

There's something about Foals' singles this year that haven't done anything for me, it's weird. White Onions, Syrups and Cafe d'Athens were my picks from P1, although Sunday did grow on me. In Degrees is the exception but that was out long after the album anyway. 

I remember being blown away when What Went Down (the single) debuted on R1, and instantly was on the hype train for them to headline R&L 2016. I think most of us posting there at the time were too. I haven't felt anything like that yet from these albums. Very frustrating as something just isn't clicking. 

I think Foals' headline chances for next year die when you look at these 2 pictures:

Comparison of the plays on both bands most recent albums:

image.png.eb89eeffa88437bb37e2e2044cc50894.png

image.png.3feedbef6d56c504f696a0ab795af50a.png

Sure Spotify numbers aren't 100% for comparisons, but I honestly don't see why Foals would be booked to headline next year at all over The 1975. Even looking at both bands lead singles for the second half of their double albums, 1975's is twice as popular. They also charted better, have received more critical acclaim etc. I guess if for some reason 1975's touring schedule doesn't lineup for Glasto then fair enough, maybe Foals get booked then, but I expect 1975 wouldn't be saying no if they got the phone call

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I think Foals' headline chances for next year die when you look at these 2 pictures:

Sure Spotify numbers aren't 100% for comparisons, but I honestly don't see why Foals would be booked to headline next year at all over The 1975. Even looking at both bands lead singles for the second half of their double albums, 1975's is twice as popular. They also charted better, have received more critical acclaim etc. I guess if for some reason 1975's touring schedule doesn't lineup for Glasto then fair enough, maybe Foals get booked then, but I expect 1975 wouldn't be saying no if they got the phone call

Only to people eyeball deep in stats is there a difference whether The 1975 or Foals headline. To most of the world, it’s much of a muchness.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

After releasing a single called Sunday. Nailed on.

And they wrote it about Glastonbury. :o

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Foals are an NME band in a time when they can't give the NME away for free and an Evening Session band in a time when Lammo is seen as a sad, forlorn figure rather than a cultural tastemaker.

Steve Lamacq is responsible for Idles’ gargantuan crowds. About time you put some respec on his name.

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Was it by Richard Ashcroft? 

_104021184_p06ptc20.jpg

#neverforget

21 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Apples and Oranges..... 

Two very different types of band/music so your comparison is a bit pointless. They could both headline the same year they are that different. 

Does anyone have any idea when they'll tour next, end of the year or start of next year? Eagerly waiting for a tour to be announced but nothing as yet or are we expecting that after festival season the tours for the end of year to start getting announced? 

12 minutes ago, foolee said:

Does anyone have any idea when they'll tour next, end of the year or start of next year? Eagerly waiting for a tour to be announced but nothing as yet or are we expecting that after festival season the tours for the end of year to start getting announced? 

I imagine there'll be a few dates around the launch of Part 2 then another run at the festivals next year.

• Upvote 1