Foals

RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

My first festival too. I look back and the lineup was god awful. What did I watch all weekend?

God knows but Pulp were great weren't they? Looking back at the line up, there's only 7 acts I'd watch nowadays but at the fest itself I only saw 2 of them - at least my music taste's gotten better... 

29 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

God knows but Pulp were great weren't they? Looking back at the line up, there's only 7 acts I'd watch nowadays but at the fest itself I only saw 2 of them - at least my music taste's gotten better... 

Pulp were incredible that year! 

But I think you're being harsh on the rest of the bill, I think I volunteered that year but there's still a lot I'd see now. And it's about 10,000 times better than last last couple of Reading lineups (notably this years). 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Pulp were incredible that year! 

But I think you're being harsh on the rest of the bill, I think I volunteered that year but there's still a lot I'd see now. And it's about 10,000 times better than last last couple of Reading lineups (notably this years). 

Nah, I don't think I'm being harsh at all - it was a great bill, thought all the headliners (apart from The Strokes) were brilliant and it was a good experience for my first ever fest. I'm just saying that I'd not necessarily see the same acts nowadays as I did back then

6 hours ago, Havors said:

You mean apart from Nick Cave fans buying tickets to see Nick cave? ? ?

He was up a hell of a lot of other bands who you probably think are more worthy of headlining, at the same venue, in the same summer, yet he sold out his gig first. Seems like a lot of fans to me...

11 hours ago, Superscally said:

He was up a hell of a lot of other bands who you probably think are more worthy of headlining, at the same venue, in the same summer, yet he sold out his gig first. Seems like a lot of fans to me...

False equivalency.  

Yannis and Jack said in their Glasto interview that Black Bull isn't the lead single, it's just being released first as a kind of statement of intent. Jack said the lead single and the one after are possibly their two biggest songs ever. I know they're supposed to say stuff like that, but I'm buzzed for this record.

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Yannis and Jack said in their Glasto interview that Black Bull isn't the lead single, it's just being released first as a kind of statement of intent. Jack said the lead single and the one after are possibly their two biggest songs ever. I know they're supposed to say stuff like that, but I'm buzzed for this record.

They said almost the exact same thing with the last album and I cocked an eyebrow, album turned out miles better than I expected and probably proved him right so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. All the singles sounded so much better in the context of the album as well.

Still, was hoping they'd dropped a My Number banga to strengthen #TeamFoalsCanHeadline

• Like 1

The singles are the 2 tracks I listen to least on part 1! That single is fine, it didn't blow my socks off, I generally prefer their quieter more rythmic stuff anyway so suspect I may prefer the first part, hopefully I'm wrong though!

Edited by Madyaker

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

They said almost the exact same thing with the last album and I cocked an eyebrow, album turned out miles better than I expected and probably proved him right so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. All the singles sounded so much better in the context of the album as well.

Still, was hoping they'd dropped a My Number banga to strengthen #TeamFoalsCanHeadline

No bc Pt. 1 was vibey and Pt. 2 is bangers. My Number is vibey and has no place on Pt. 2.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

No bc Pt. 1 was vibey and Pt. 2 is bangers. My Number is vibey and has no place on Pt. 2.

Well if that's the case then how come when I was last in 42s the 17 year old stood next to me shouted BANGA when my number came on and proceeded to hit is imaginary hi hat out of time?

Check and mate.

When they headline they should just start with my number to get everyone in the mood then proceed to play Providence until they reach decibels that kick start the apocalypse. 

6 hours ago, priest17 said:

Well if that's the case then how come when I was last in 42s the 17 year old stood next to me shouted BANGA when my number came on and proceeded to hit is imaginary hi hat out of time?

Check and mate.

When they headline they should just start with my number to get everyone in the mood then proceed to play Providence until they reach decibels that kick start the apocalypse. 

That would be very considerate of them.

New release is decent, however I think it’s one of those songs that is actually better live than on record. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album now and seeing what size venues they tour the new album at

Edited by Billjames7
Missed a bit

9 hours ago, priest17 said:

I'd mostly agree. Except for Exits, because the single edit really stomps, but on the album it plods a bit.   (and live too, sadly :( )

All of the singles from Part 1 (and Black Bull) sound absolutely mega live. Seen them a few times this summer and their setlist has been immaculate. Foals have rapidly risen to become my dream Glasto headliner. Just imagine the Pyramid field bouncing to all 6 of Providence’s outros.