Foals

RarerThanDandyB

I would think that Foals fans would be quite well behaved. Though having said that my mate saw them in Kent last week, and, in scenes that sound like School of Rock, when Yannis went for his customary crowd roll, the punters parted and he dived straight onto the deck. Apparently he didn't look happy at all when he got back up again.

33 minutes ago, august1 said:

The crowd for tame impala on the park when 90% of the people were there for pulp looking bored. I think they thought the festival was shit and didn't want to come back. Then we're blown away playing the other a few years later.

Tame Impala were absolutely abysmal that year though. I was there for them and stayed for Pulp with my group. We were right on the barrier and have never been so bored watching a band I enjoy.

4 hours ago, Homer said:

I would think that Foals fans would be quite well behaved. Though having said that my mate saw them in Kent last week, and, in scenes that sound like School of Rock, when Yannis went for his customary crowd roll, the punters parted and he dived straight onto the deck. Apparently he didn't look happy at all when he got back up again.

I've had a bit of a crap week and the way you told this story cracked me up massively Homer, so thanks for that. (Especially because I'll be missing the festival/ Foals haha!)

9 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Rumblings I heard from someone in the industry at their gig last week was that they’re in the frame for it.

massive pinch of salt of course but I’d personally love to see them do it.

Thing is when they subbed Pyramid the other year the crowd past the sound desk weren't that into it at all and talking a lot... We were further up the field and crowd wasn't getting into it at all which was a shame tbh..

I love Foals and have seen them many times, but didn't think the transition to big stage worked - yet on any smaller stage they are incredible!!

Park set was awesome!!

25 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Is the sound better at the park now? Or couldn't all those poor bastards on the hill not hear a thing. 

I remember for the Radiohead secret set you couldn't hear much passed the mixing deck. 

Fuck, that was a terrible gig. Rain, a horde of people slipping on the hill, poor sound, hardly any hits played

I still think they are other headliner sized. Would probably be a better shout than returning as pyramid sub.

happy to be proven wrong though they were great on tv.

Id say they are a better 2021 headliner than a 2020 headliner

Edited by Matt42

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:
  Hide contents

I still think they are other headliner sized. Would probably be a better shout than returning as pyramid sub.

happy to be proven wrong though they were great on tv.

Id say they are a better 2021 headliner than a 2020 headliner

I agree with this as think it would be better gig for them