Foals

RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, briddj said:

It was VERY sweaty in there last night.

Heard lots of people saying they had "lost their phone" at points. Sadly, knowing the well-earned reputation of Ally Pally at such gigs, I'm pretty confident those phones are down someone's trouser leg.

2019-06-21 21.29.53.jpg

Can you forecast what the temperature was in the Foals gig?

1 hour ago, briddj said:

It was VERY sweaty in there last night.

Heard lots of people saying they had "lost their phone" at points. Sadly, knowing the well-earned reputation of Ally Pally at such gigs, I'm pretty confident those phones are down someone's trouser leg.

2019-06-21 21.29.53.jpg

It was up there with the sweatiest gigs I’ve been to. Ally Pally is always hot and I never learn my lesson. Even in winter shorts there

3 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

It was up there with the sweatiest gigs I’ve been to. Ally Pally is always hot and I never learn my lesson. Even in winter shorts there

I was wearing a fucking suit and tie - like one of those whopper hipsters at an LCD gig. Had been at Ascot all day and the free bar persuaded me to go to Foals on the hoof. Really glad I didn't stack it in that pit/circle thing during two steps twice.

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

I was wearing a fucking suit and tie - like one of those whopper hipsters at an LCD gig. Had been at Ascot all day and the free bar persuaded me to go to Foals on the hoof. Really glad I didn't stack it in that pit/circle thing during two steps twice.

Ascot. On the hoof. Like it.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

It was a spur of the moment decision (can't believe how many times I've tried/failed to get the Foals puns going in this thread!).

I've noticed. You've said them so often you must be getting a little hoarse now.

Also just dropping in to say how good last night was, probably the best I've seen them. We'd wangled some backstage as well so got to see the band afterwards too. Didn't think to ask about Glasto, just a handshake with Yannis and said how much I enjoyed the night!

Edited by Mouseboy11

19 minutes ago, uscore said:

I've noticed. You've said them so often you must be getting a little hoarse now.

This is getting out of control, people need to rein it in, but maybe I am blinkered in my view.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

My boyfriend is sporting a fat lip from the mini pit that was created behind the sound desk ?

1 hour ago, Homer said:

That’s The info Neil had on here, seems to be the afternoon park slot

Not just neil. I had some info from a friend it was 100% foals 6.15pm...  I was a little dubious about it but as times gone on and dutty Paul is the JP headliner... I think it's legit. Will be fucking awesome if its legit! See if they can get the whole glasto hill involved like elbow did

Edited by Havors

10 hours ago, priest17 said:

My last experience of a saturday park TBA was Biffy Clyro ( who I don;t really mind) but they'd given out loads of flags so it was busy and I didn't really get anything from it. Will this be good?

Hmmmmmm, could go either way IMO. Foals are extremely good live - but part of the Friday night gig was the lights and screens. Also, they have been a bit hit and miss at Glastonbury before: 2013 (in the dark), hit; 2016 (in the light) a miss for many.

Also, if you're not near the front in the park, it can be hard to see anything (have they added screens now?).

If your clash-finder allows you to get there for the band before (who a lot of people here are raving about), then head over then. If you get there later and are about three miles away, you may be better off trotting down the hill to Johnny Marr instead.

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Hmmmmmm, could go either way IMO. Foals are extremely good live - but part of the Friday night gig was the lights and screens. Also, they have been a bit hit and miss at Glastonbury before: 2013 (in the dark), hit; 2016 (in the light) a miss for many.

Also, if you're not near the front in the park, it can be hard to see anything (have they added screens now?).

If your clash-finder allows you to get there for the band before (who a lot of people here are raving about), then head over then. If you get there later and are about three miles away, you may be better off trotting down the hill to Johnny Marr instead.

Thanks. I really enjoyed the 2016 set to be honest so maybe my threshold for foals enjoyment is lower than most. Maybe that set just caught me in a good moment. Either way I'll probably end up at least trying to get to this. And as you say, Marr is hardly a bad back up option.