Foals

RarerThanDandyB

Just now, bigfurbdogg said:

I also have no idea either really, just regurgitate stuff i see on here from much more knowledgeable people!

Seen a few people on here saying Foals appearing is the of 'worst kept secrets' of the weekend. Plus they have a huge Glastonbury shaped whole in their tour schedule.

As do we all, in the hope of making some sense of it all somehow. If nothing else, it wastes some time before we head down the farm dunnit haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweet_pea said:

But that sundown set in 16 was pretty sweet! 

You remember the sound cutting out for two steps twice? was very surreal as the band carried on unaware that i had more chance of hearing the ringtone of the bloke next to me than the band on stage

Just now, jow95 said:

You remember the sound cutting out for two steps twice? was very surreal as the band carried on unaware that i had more chance of hearing the ringtone of the bloke next to me than the band on stage

Yes, couldn't hear a thing, everyone was waving their arms at the band. As you say, was very surreal! 

Twickets are firmly on my hate list right now. Managed to find a ticket for the Ally Pally gig, got to the last PayPal screen only to get rerouted to Twickets with a bogus error message. Gutted, considering single tickets are like gold dust at the moment, coupled with their awful alert system.

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

Neil got told that they are Friday night other headliner. Didn't know if it was legit or not.

But we know Tame Impala are playing on the Friday, it's on their website. They're not on the Pyramid, they can only be headlining the Other, surely. I think that particular one's just wrong. 

Just now, jow95 said:

It only cut out at the front as well, so people further back were unaware of the extent of the  problem beyond the sound dropping to half volume and the screens blacking out.  I spoke to several people the next morning and it was like we'd all been at a different gig depending where we were in the crowd.

Just now, The Martini Police said:

But we know Tame Impala are playing on the Friday, it's on their website. They're not on the Pyramid, they can only be headlining the Other, surely. I think that particular one's just wrong. 

My son told me something about Yannis telling someone they were playing Saturday, but I was stoned when he told me and can't remember any of the details and frankly I could have dreamt it.

Just now, Kalopsia said:

I thought that was Tame Impala? Or have they been moved to cover the slot Prodigy were due to play?

Doesn't know yet - someone just said 'Foals are playing Friday to him', so the speculation is that TI could possibly be moving.

Works perfectly for me if so, as I'm headliner-free on the Friday only currently!

Just now, Spindles said:

It only cut out at the front as well, so people further back were unaware of the extent of the  problem beyond the sound dropping to half volume and the screens blacking out.  I spoke to several people the next morning and it was like we'd all been at a different gig depending where we were in the crowd.

It shows how the sound travels, because as @jow95 said, it felt like it went almost completely silent where i was stood.

Just now, Homer said:

Pardon?

During the Foals 2016 sound issues, almost felt like band weren't onstage at all you couldn't hear a thing and we were infront the sound desk for that maybe just behind the barrier for the front pen. Was only went you looked onstage to see Yanniss still going for it we realised that the were still playing at all let alone that they hadn't realised what had happend. Was only relatively brief though and apart from that (oh and messing about with the images on the screens like everyone seems to do these days, rather annoying) they smashed it.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Headlining the Other and subbing the Pyramid have been interchangeable in the past (Primal Scream have done both slots, as have others that I can't be bothered to remember).

so i've been proven to be talking bollocks once again? and some say there is no pattern

7 minutes ago, Spindles said:

My son told me something about Yannis telling someone they were playing Saturday, but I was stoned when he told me and can't remember any of the details and frankly I could have dreamt it.

I think Neil has heard a couple of rumours about them playing Saturday. Wouldn’t be an announced slot but seems more likely than the Friday Other headline rumour.

During two steps twice the music cut out.  It didn’t matter where you were, it cut out! 

It came on after about 2 mins.  Foals clearly didn’t realise it had cut out. 

Thought they were good on the pyramid, would prefer them as a header on a stage though.