Foals

RarerThanDandyB

Don't get the whole "they should have been on the poster" argument. As we've said, they subbed two festivals ago, they're clearly not headlining or subbing this year and were clearly not in the frame for the Other originally so any announced set would be a downgrade on what they played before. That would more or less kill any chance they have of headlining in the future.

I still think it's possible they could take the Prodigy's slot on the Other, which would come with the caveat of them stepping in to save the day and not damage their standing (a well recevied set would probably enhance it again). It's either that or they play a secret set.

Either way they were never going to be on the first poster.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don't get the whole "they should have been on the poster" argument. As we've said, they subbed two festivals ago, they're clearly not headlining or subbing this year and were clearly not in the frame for the Other originally so any announced set would be a downgrade on what they played before. That would more or less kill any chance they have of headlining in the future.

I still think it's possible they could take the Prodigy's slot on the Other, which would come with the caveat of them stepping in to save the day and not damage their standing (a well recevied set would probably enhance it again). It's either that or they play a secret set.

If they were initially going to play an announced slot they would’ve been. I think that’s what people mean.

24 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Given or 2 is coming I think they'll want to play the big fests properly next year. Betting they turn up for a secret set though 

Yeah but I mean if an act drops out. They wouldn’t be turning it down because they’re not doing big festivals this summer, or cos they’re doing a secret set instead.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, dentalplan said:

If they did one more album release show...

26k is decent considering the apparent 18k yesterday. Thats the sort of drop off I’d expect from the decline in album sales.

Annoyingly the banquet Kingston show was undersold and they are keeping tickets for over the till closer to the show date. If they sold the full amount of tickets Foals would've bagged no1

On 3/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah I hear you... but I think offering them the Other wouldn’t have been a bad idea by the festival unless they are relying upon them to be headliners any time soon (which seems a gamble).

Similarly the band turning down the other seems a ballsy move when they have accepted headliner but less high profile  slots elsewhere.

Really hope they do a secret slot somewhere I can see them, don’t really want to have to buy a ticket elsewhere.

10 hours ago, priest17 said:

Yak are supporting the upcoming shows, if you have a ticket you should seriously consider getting there in time to see them

I got chatting to a guy during Jagwar Ma at 2017. Turned out he was the singer from Yak. He told me JM are lovely guys and he'd been hanging out with them all day making soup. I might sell that anecdote to Heat.

Anyway, he was a nice bloke if that helps. Is their new album are good as people are saying?

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

I got chatting to a guy during Jagwar Ma at 2017. Turned out he was the singer from Yak. He told me JM are lovely guys and he'd been hanging out with them all day making soup. I might sell that anecdote to Heat.

Anyway, he was a nice bloke if that helps. Is their new album are good as people are saying?

I had a similar thing happen in 2016 up at the crows nest (during Jagwar Ma as well). I was wearing my Yak shirt and tried to casually approach him coolly. Failed. He humoured me for a bit though and I agree he was nice. 

Yeah I'd say so. It's right up my street though. I loved the first one as well, it's a bit noisier.p

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I had a similar thing happen in 2016 up at the crows nest (during Jagwar Ma as well). I was wearing my Yak shirt and tried to casually approach him coolly. Failed. He humoured me for a bit though and I agree he was nice. 

Yeah I'd say so. It's right up my street though. I loved the first one as well, it's a bit noisier.p

I said to him that I almost went to see him at the Scala with Splashh. Just about managed to swerve out of phrasing it as 'I wanted to see Splashh but not you guys so didn;t go' - despite the fact I was a bit spanked.

Is the new album good? I've heard good things on 6.

4 hours ago, TKOCF said:

An absolute dream for me would be if they played William’s Green on Thursday. Would be absolute carnage but still fantastic.

Carnage wouldn't be the word for it. Think Foals at WG would genuinely be unsafe!

Thoroughly enjoying the album I have to say

Just now, Homer said:

Agreed - the guests are usually more British Sea Power/Drenge-sized aren't they?

Was it Everything Everything last time? Drenge about right, not sure BSP. They've been around a while and have a decent fanbase.

Def give the album a go though, not been that fussed by Foals before and I like it

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

Was it Everything Everything last time? Drenge about right, not sure BSP. They've been around a while and have a decent fanbase.

Def give the album a go though, not been that fussed by Foals before and I like it

EE and Circa Waves last time. It was supposed to be Catfish in 2015 but the lads got the shits (true story).

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I said to him that I almost went to see him at the Scala with Splashh. Just about managed to swerve out of phrasing it as 'I wanted to see Splashh but not you guys so didn;t go' - despite the fact I was a bit spanked.

Is the new album good? I've heard good things on 6.

Ahahah nice save. I actually did go and see them with Splashh years ago, both supporting Peace. What odd similarities we have with this band ahah.

Yeah it's great, definitely check it out. Come back and tell me off if you dont like it.

9 hours ago, priest17 said:

Ahahah nice save. I actually did go and see them with Splashh years ago, both supporting Peace. What odd similarities we have with this band ahah.

Yeah it's great, definitely check it out. Come back and tell me off if you dont like it.

Ha! Weirdly was checking to see if Yak are gigging last night and turns out they're playing Norwich of all places next Sat. Going to stay with a mate there for the weekend and have been looking for a gig/something to go to but coming up short. What are the chances?!

Edited by Homer

4 hours ago, Homer said:

Ha! Weirdly was checking to see if Yak are gigging last night and turns out they're playing Norwich of all places next Sat. Going to stay with a mate there for the weekend and have been looking for a gig/something to go to but coming up short. What are the chances?!

Ahah no way! Guess I'll see you down the front if they're at farm!