Foals

RarerThanDandyB

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not that dramatically. I'd give it a few % decrease every year but not a whole 50%.

"Sales of music’s most beloved format are in free fall in the United States this year. According to figures published by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America), the value of total stateside album sales in the first half of 2018 (across download, CD and vinyl) plummeted by 25.8% when compared with the first half of 2017. "

U.S., but it's pretty standard and I couldn't be arsed to find a UK source.

Edited by briddj

29 minutes ago, briddj said:

"Sales of music’s most beloved format are in free fall in the United States this year. According to figures published by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America), the value of total stateside album sales in the first half of 2018 (across download, CD and vinyl) plummeted by 25.8% when compared with the first half of 2017. "

U.S., but it's pretty standard and I couldn't be arsed to find a UK source.

Maybe you're right then but the sharp decline and the acts they're scrapping it out with doesn't fill me with great confidence. Especially when Foals are leading on physical sales and they're worth so much more than streams.

It's going to be close, but highly unlikely Foals can pull it back.

1 Dave - Psychodrama (18.5k) *
2 Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost: Part 1 (18.4k) *
3 Dido - Still On My Mind (17.1k) *
4 Sigrid - Sucker Punch (15.4k) *
5 Tom Walker - What a Time to Be Alive (15.2k)

4 minutes ago, D-Low said:

George Ezra should be stuck on a stage in the kidzfield where he belongs and it would free up a nice space for Foals. Gutted to not see them on the first announcement. 

I think it’s always been unlikely they’ll play an announced slot. Despite headlining low to mid ranking festivals, they keep on talking about headlining. Very few acts have ever headlined the second stage and gone on to headline the main stage, and subheadlining again leaves them dead in the water I think.

4 minutes ago, D-Low said:

George Ezra should be stuck on a stage in the kidzfield where he belongs and it would free up a nice space for Foals. Gutted to not see them on the first announcement. 

What why would kids listen to George Ezra, other than when their parents are choosing the tunes?

Foals do seem to be sorely missed, going by the social media reaction to the poster. I think they'd have gone down pretty well as headliners but fully expecting a secret set nonetheless.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What why would kids listen to George Ezra, other than when their parents are choosing the tunes?

Foals do seem to be sorely missed, going by the social media reaction to the poster. I think they'd have gone down pretty well as headliners but fully expecting a secret set nonetheless.

Because his recent album/music sounds like it’s a children’s singalong album.

It's not like Foals have tickets to sell though, is it?  Why would it be secret?  Is it purely the headliner thing?  If that's a concern, why are they headlining such small festivals this year?  

Like, how many bands have headlined Boardmasters and then gone on to headline Glastonbury?

I would have thought that Foals headlining the Other on Friday night was their level. 

Perhaps headlining Pyramid is a step beyond (although many would be elated that they would replace The Killers)

Maybe they will follow the same path as The Killers from (poorly kept) secret set on JP to headling 2020 Pyramid, once the full double album is released and well received.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

Sickened they aren't on the poster. Their only Ireland gig is July 2nd :(

In 2011, Foals played Coventry on the Monday after Glastonbury. Two mates stopped off on the way for the gig, still there at 2am when the club night finished. 

Oh, and that year we say The Killers at the Scala on the Wednesday of Glastonbury too...... Nearly a full week on it.....