Foals

RarerThanDandyB

Fantastic gig last week at Earth. One of the best I've seen in a long time. So much that I had to get a ticket to the Leeds show they've just announced. Quite happy that that show is the new album in full actually. Can't see there being another opportunity to see it in full again. 

Gotta be at Glastonbury now in some capacity. Other headliners on Friday would be perfect. Though I'd quite happy take a JP secret set too

11 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

The lads are on fire right now - just imagine that In Degrees live version going off, and what a cover of Panic Room that is. Sheesh. 

Damn I love Panic Room anyway..... now even more! In Degrees is the big one for me.... at Glasto... turn the volume , bass and tempo up and it would set the crowd right off!! 

Always been fond of Foals, especially Antidotes era stuff, but I found the radio 1 influencers constant proclamations that they were shoe-in headliners around the release of Holy Fire quite tedious. The music should speak for itself without need for cheerleader buddies.

moving on to What Went Down, which personally did nothing for me, I kind of felt that they were a spent force.

well, Part 1 is a gorgeous record! Like others have said, sounds like they’ve harnessed some of the old math rock identity and they sound so so good for it!

Listening to this, alongside their massive back catalogue and they are made for a pyramid headline slot now. I don’t really care where they play but I need to hear “Sunday” live somewhere at Glastonbury. That song has got some moments.

Still not stopped listening.... In Degrees, Sunday & On the Luna........... awesome songs I really need to see at Glasto! 

I actually hope they dont do a secret JP set as its never a secret and you wont be able to get in the tent to see them tbh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Still not stopped listening.... In Degrees, Sunday & On the Luna........... awesome songs I really need to see at Glasto! 

I actually hope they dont do a secret JP set as its never a secret and you wont be able to get in the tent to see them tbh. 

Me and my mate showed up an hour and a half early for The Killers in 17 and we we just inside the edge of the tent with a decent view of the stage. I think Foals probably wouldn't pull as many people though so it might be easier. I hope it's not a secret set too though. Album is nearly at number one in UK now!

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Everyone knew about The Killers and I was desperate to see them so I got in there for the start of Frank Carter.  I ended up about 5/6 deep back by the time The Killers went on.  

Just get there the act early and you’d have no probs at all

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Everyone knew about The Killers and I was desperate to see them so I got in there for the start of Frank Carter.  I ended up about 5/6 deep back by the time The Killers went on.  

Just get there the act early and you’d have no probs at all

Thats the problem though.... I dont want to be stuck in that tent and cant piss for 2 hours before they come on haha! Granted they arent as "famous" as the Killers but you dont need to be to fill a tent...  its never secret and people know who is on hours before. 

I would much prefer they did a TBA on the Park like Elbow did in 2017.... now that would be fucking awesome! the whole glastonbury hill watching! 

Edited by Havors

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Thats the problem though.... I dont want to be stuck in that tent and cant piss for 2 hours before they come on haha! Granted they arent as "famous" as the Killers but you dont need to be to fill a tent...  its never secret and people know who is on hours before. 

I would much prefer they did a TBA on the Park like Elbow did in 2017.... now that would be fucking awesome! the whole glastonbury hill watching! 

Yeah I’m not great at holding it either so got in there about an hour before (after just visiting the toilet), didn’t drink again during Frank turner and then started through The Killers.  Planning! Lol

22 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Me and my mate showed up an hour and a half early for The Killers in 17 and we we just inside the edge of the tent with a decent view of the stage. I think Foals probably wouldn't pull as many people though so it might be easier. I hope it's not a secret set too though. Album is nearly at number one in UK now!

You could get in the middle for Killers after Frank Carter finished, going in from the bottom right corner.

Foals won't be closing the field I doubt like Killers did.

Foals have only got a small chance of No.1 sadly. Sales hugely front loaded with presale orders.

1 minute ago, briddj said:

You could get in the middle for Killers after Frank Carter finished, going in from the bottom right corner.

Good bit of JP advice there... always a way in to a busy crowd from the right hand corner.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

Foals won't be closing the field I doubt like Killers did.

Foals have only got a small chance of No.1 sadly. Sales hugely front loaded with presale orders.

The album is currently No1 hope for them it stays there for the official chart etc.. 

I think even a Foals secret set would a complete pain to get in the tent for exactly like Killers... but yeah as you say they wont have to close the field thats for sure.... 

No chance Foals will hold on sadly. No. 3 might be best they can hope for. Dave nailed on for No. 1 now.

1 Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost: Part 1 (15.8k) *
2 Dave - Psychodrama (15.4k) *
3 Dido - Still On My Mind (15.1k) *
4 Sigrid - Sucker Punch (14.1k) *
5 Tom Walker - What a Time to Be Alive (13.4k)

46 minutes ago, briddj said:

No chance Foals will hold on sadly. No. 3 might be best they can hope for. Dave nailed on for No. 1 now.

1 Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost: Part 1 (15.8k) *
2 Dave - Psychodrama (15.4k) *
3 Dido - Still On My Mind (15.1k) *
4 Sigrid - Sucker Punch (14.1k) *
5 Tom Walker - What a Time to Be Alive (13.4k)

Yikes. What Went Down and Holy Fire both cleared 30k at the week's end, this won't hit 20.