Foals

RarerThanDandyB

14 hours ago, y0ungtitan said:

If they're not playing somewhere this year I can defo see them headlining next year after part 2 drops, especially if it's as well received as this first part has been thus far.

This is my son's view, that it would be after part 2 drops that they would headline, but as Floorfiller says, next year is likely to have been sorted well in advance on account of the anniversary.  Personally I think this summer is perfect timing for them, Killers would be a waste of a headline slot as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Are you suggestion Holy Fire was a mediocre album?? ? I agree the last one wasn't as strong but Foals are a solid live band they just haven't quite got the transition to bigger stages yet.

This album is superb so hoping it gives them that last push they need as they certain have some great songs across all their albums tbh

I'm not no, I mentioned that a fan of the band said that the last album and the previous both didn't reach expectations. In what order they came out I don't know. I might give it a listen to check but I can't see me liking it.

• Downvote 1

I agree with all that has been said -it’s a very good album and I think they now have a very strong setlist to choose from.

Still not sure they have enough mainstream hits to satisfy a lot of the habitual pyramid dwellers... but the same could be said for Arcade Fire who I thought were fantastic.

8 minutes ago, DJL said:

I agree with all that has been said -it’s a very good album and I think they now have a very strong setlist to choose from.

Still not sure they have enough mainstream hits to satisfy a lot of the habitual pyramid dwellers... but the same could be said for Arcade Fire who I thought were fantastic.

There's enough there, everyone knows My Number and then Inhaler and What Went Down were big enough songs. I'd say your average Pyramid dweller would probably be more familiar with them than Arcade Fire.

34 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

How many mainstream hits does stormzy have? Does he even have enough songs to fill a pyramid headliner slot? I’ll never know but if he can do it Foals definitely can.

Fair... 

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

How many mainstream hits does stormzy have? Does he even have enough songs to fill a pyramid headliner slot?

Lots and yes.

I think the bar should be, like, if Kasabian can do it or other acts that run in the same British indie circles. Stormzy is the biggest mainstream success of a major musical cultural shift in the UK.

15 hours ago, VCK said:

There's enough there, everyone knows My Number and then Inhaler and What Went Down were big enough songs. I'd say your average Pyramid dweller would probably be more familiar with them than Arcade Fire.

I'd agree to some extent for the younger crowd, take AF at Reading back in 2010 when they subbed, I can't remember knowing really who they were even but they're international success is unquestionable and after listening to them I liked them.

AF being announced to headline Glastonbury now would certainly please more people imo, Foals sub set got very mixed reactions whereas AF headline set went down a storm.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Lots and yes.

I think the bar should be, like, if Kasabian can do it or other acts that run in the same British indie circles. Stormzy is the biggest mainstream success of a major musical cultural shift in the UK.

That first albums average at best, and this is coming from a fan of grime and hip hop, Giggs and Skepta are way ahead in terms of quality.

We’re 3 and a half months out and he still hasn’t dropped anything off the second album, whatever he’s bringing out must be huge for him to pull off a pyramid headline slot.

I still can’t see how he’s gonna full out the set ? 

10 minutes ago, swede said:

That first albums average at best, and this is coming from a fan of grime and hip hop, Giggs and Skepta are way ahead in terms of quality.

We’re 3 and a half months out and he still hasn’t dropped anything off the second album, whatever he’s bringing out must be huge for him to pull off a pyramid headline slot. 

he's headlining Snowbombing in a month, so we should see some new stuff then.

I'd agree with you in general though, can't see any more than a 90min slot at Glastonbury, and even then I expect it to be padded out with filler or come on a little later/finish a little early.

21 minutes ago, swede said:

I definitely think Stormzy as a headliner is a bit premature...

But a lot of people thought Foals should headline the other stage. New Foals album comes out and now there’s talk that they should headline the pyramid.

So a new album for Stormzy could totally change my opinion; just hope that he can actually provide the goods.

2 hours ago, swede said:

That's fair, might be another country but Snowbombing tells you a lot about where he is. Unfortunately Glastonbury have over booked him as a Pyramid headliner and it should not have been done. I've nothing against him, he's not my thing but that's just am honest view. I think he's got away with TRNSMT due to it being Scotland's only major festival like it but I don't see any other festival bar maybe IOW booking him this year to headline outright, two of their headliners are certainly bigger than him.

2 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

I definitely think Stormzy as a headliner is a bit premature...

But a lot of people thought Foals should headline the other stage. New Foals album comes out and now there’s talk that they should headline the pyramid.

So a new album for Stormzy could totally change my opinion; just hope that he can actually provide the goods.

It's not just that the new album is good although that helps a lot. Unlike Stormzy they have a decent sized back catalogue to draw from and have experience playing big gigs. But I am one of those people who had my mind changed by the new album, the tunes are that good. I would have liked to see Foals given a headline slot in 2016 over Muse or Coldplay but I guess Glasto HQ figured they weren't up to it,and then they go and give to a Stormzy a few years later. Hard to get your head around that one.

I’m fine with Stormzy stepping up and (now I’ve heard the new album) I’d be happy so see Foals do it. Both in the same year seems really weak... but if the choice is Foals, The Killers or The Strokes they’d be my preference.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:20 AM, nikkic said:

Trying to think if anyone has ever headlined The Other stage then gone on to top the big one? 

I know it’s been done in reverse. 

Do you reckon they would swerve headlining The Other stage so they could hold off for The Pyramid? 

Basement Jaxx.

21 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'd agree to some extent for the younger crowd, take AF at Reading back in 2010 when they subbed, I can't remember knowing really who they were even but they're international success is unquestionable and after listening to them I liked them.

AF being announced to headline Glastonbury now would certainly please more people imo, Foals sub set got very mixed reactions whereas AF headline set went down a storm.

Arcade fire headlined reading in 2010 not subbing