Foals

RarerThanDandyB

Incredible gig last night. The band were on it, the crowd were on it. Knew I'd love the album after hearing a few of the new songs live, and its proven to be true. Will have to give it a few more listens, but could definitely be in contention for their best album.

Then we get part 2 later this year! We really are spoilt. 

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Yeah, definitely. Worth adding that Yannis said part 1 was vibey (or some similar word, can't remember) and part 2 is bangers. Hopefully that indicates a conscious style split and not just the leftovers on part 2.

Well if yer man doesn't consider part 1 to be full of bangers, Lord knows what's going to happen to my speakers when I stick part 2 on them later in the year 

33 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Can we get them instead of the Killers headlining the Pyramid? 

Not sure how likely it would be, as Stormzy is being bumped up, but it does seem like Foals' moment.  Who knows, maybe Stormzy's album will drop and it will be an absolute banger too and both of them will smash a Pyramid headline slot

• Upvote 1

Have to say its works really well as an album.... and its only part 1.... 

I have enjoyed all their albums tbh but I could understand peoples reservations. This is a great listen.... it weridly plays like one great big song quite seamlessly. 

17 minutes ago, briddj said:

I tell you what though, I absolutely hate the bullshit of people sitting down for the first half of Spanish Sahara. Piss off.

Is that a thing now? Or was that just last night?

Last time I saw Foals before last night was TTLF (2010) days and definitely nobody was doing that then. Very weird. Almost considered how easy would be to just walk over and get front row while they all sat/knelt on the very clean and not wet floor...

1 minute ago, Acid Loafers said:

Last time I saw Foals before last night was TTLF (2010) days and definitely nobody was doing that then. Very weird. Almost considered how easy would be to just walk over and get front row while they all sat/knelt on the very clean and not wet floor...

It's been happening for quite a few years. People often start it but it doesn't always catch on at every gig. Last night it was a fair number with some shouting "sit down" to others. I was unfortunate to be in the sit down area. Should have just stood up in the middle of them all.

Same thing happens with Fire by Kasabian now too, when it never did when they played it the first couple of years.

It's just shit.

53 minutes ago, briddj said:

It's been happening for quite a few years. People often start it but it doesn't always catch on at every gig. Last night it was a fair number with some shouting "sit down" to others. I was unfortunate to be in the sit down area. Should have just stood up in the middle of them all.

Same thing happens with Fire by Kasabian now too, when it never did when they played it the first couple of years.

It's just shit.

Yannis used to get people to sit down at the start of the song during Holy Fire era

2 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

It's because we're all a few years older now and need a mid-set sit down.