Foals

RarerThanDandyB

6 hours ago, priest17 said:

New albums great, lots more stood out on first play compared to WWD. Nothing really screamed Headliner material there but I'm still gunning for them to do it at some point so we don't have another tedious Killers argument. 

Syrup was the standout track for me.

Bring on part 2.

I feel like there werent any filler songs on it, like there was with WWD. Liked every song first listen this album. 

Think the headline bangers come from pt 2

2 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

One listen in and I love it. Caught me first time round unlike WWD, which I did grow to like. 

Standouts for me are In Degrees, White Onion and Sunday.

White Onions, Sunday, Cafe D Athens are my standouts. In Degrees might grow on me.

That said White Onions would be much better without the Whoooas, let that fat riff do the work!

3 hours ago, TKOCF said:

All connecting trains from Highbury delayed, getting a bus means I’ll probably miss the first few songs :(

Got to H&I, saw the train situation and got an Uber. Think it was the right call!

Back home, sweat washed off. Great night and BLACK GOLD is finally ticked off.

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

:( what time did you make it there in the end? 

Made it for the last bit of Mountain at my Gates, got in the pit for My Number.

Fantastic gig, made even better by the fact that I met Edd O’ Brian from Radiohead afterwards.

7 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

I’ve been to 192 gigs (or festivals) in the last decade. That may have been the best one of the lot.

I think that's a really, really tough thing to truly pin down, there are so many variables to take into account. Last night was excellent, but think I've had greater Foals gigs over the last 11 years. The Royal Albert Hall gig definitely up near the top of Foals.

8 minutes ago, briddj said:

I think that's a really, really tough thing to truly pin down, there are so many variables to take into account. Last night was excellent, but think I've had greater Foals gigs over the last 11 years. The Royal Albert Hall gig definitely up near the top of Foals.

Oh I just meant gigs in general! Only my 7th time seeing Foals. And it’s totally a personal thing, so I can understand if people would disagree with me! 

Nonetheless, the show was incredible!

Edited by aidenlangan95

6 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Made it for the last bit of Mountain at my Gates, got in the pit for My Number.

Fantastic gig, made even better by the fact that I met Edd O’ Brian from Radiohead afterwards. 

Ah good, didn't miss much then! 

Sweet way to end it... whereabouts did you meet him?