Foals

RarerThanDandyB

47 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Good luck guys. A tip I'd give if you're reaaaally keen:

On Twickets a ticket will be listed before you receive any notifications. I previously sold a spare ticket on there for Major Lazer, and was with a friend who had a ticket but hadn't taken his alert off. It was listed and sold pretty much instantly before he received the notification. Similarly, I bought an Idles tickets off there in Oct from someone who I'd arranged with on Twitter. He told me he'd list it at 20:00, so I refreshed the search tickets area and was able to nab it successfully before I received the notification that a ticket was listed. 

Now, I believe there's an app/program that you can use which automatically track any changes to web-page. I've heard a few on here have been really lucky and got Glastonbury tickets in secret announced sales using this. I believe @eFestivals runs this, and it's a £5 a month I think (probably less than any pint you'd buy at the venue if you did get a ticket!). No guarantees anymore will go up but probably worth looking into if you're desperate to be there?

Thanks. Will look into this. 

40 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Another tip - Twickets tweet the ticket availability and link to buy before the email alerts are sent out so if super keen set up twitter alerts on your phone and you'll be alerted a few minutes before you would by email. Has worked for me in the past with shows that are in high demand

Great tip Twitter notification going on now. 

30 minutes ago, briddj said:

Yeah you need to be monitoring the Twickets website to get tickets for events like this. No chance with alerts. 

55 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Good luck guys. A tip I'd give if you're reaaaally keen:

On Twickets a ticket will be listed before you receive any notifications. I previously sold a spare ticket on there for Major Lazer, and was with a friend who had a ticket but hadn't taken his alert off. It was listed and sold pretty much instantly before he received the notification. Similarly, I bought an Idles tickets off there in Oct from someone who I'd arranged with on Twitter. He told me he'd list it at 20:00, so I refreshed the search tickets area and was able to nab it successfully before I received the notification that a ticket was listed. 

Now, I believe there's an app/program that you can use which automatically track any changes to web-page. I've heard a few on here have been really lucky and got Glastonbury tickets in secret announced sales using this. I believe @eFestivals runs this, and it's a £5 a month I think (probably less than any pint you'd buy at the venue if you did get a ticket!). No guarantees anymore will go up but probably worth looking into if you're desperate to be there?

So who knows how to get this set up?

Would be very interested, can think of couple other gigs to use it for too

Seens some great Foals sets over the last few years, particularly their secret set at Leeds 2015 and their headline set the following year, but last night comfortably topped them all. Stupidly good. I'll be made up if another gig I go to this year is that great. Hopefully Hot Chip at the same venue next month gives it a run for its money.

Was at the Manchester gig last night (front row too!! Oh how I ache now)..

Gig was one of the best I have seen, this was the 11th time I've seen them and so pleased we got to see them at such a small venue. 

Set was 16 songs, starting at 8.30pm finishing at 10.15pm. The gig goes up a whole other level from Providence onwards, as bodies everywhere due Yannis frequently going into the crowd...

It was amazing :good:

On 2/25/2019 at 5:36 PM, briddj said:

They have virtually never played Black Gold as part of their live tour set in the UK. Infuriating! Would always seem to have it in their European sets. Citadeal was a rare exception.

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

53533214_10156111936873531_1738487639117

Oh god, if they can just keep Black Gold for London. I might die.

???

(I did think it was odd that they would've brought it back for the end run in 2017 only to totally drop it again!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

53533214_10156111936873531_1738487639117

Oh god, if they can just keep Black Gold for London. I might die.

I reckon this will be the list for the next 2 gigs, as the sound desk guy (who's photo this is) wouldn't hand over his set list as he said he needed to keep it... so I would take this as a strong indication

The new songs they played were really good too, personal fav was Syrups

7 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I reckon this will be the list for the next 2 gigs, as the sound desk guy (who's photo this is) wouldn't hand over his set list as he said he needed to keep it... so I would take this as a strong indication

The new songs they played were really good too, personal fav was Syrups

Do they only print off a certain number?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Do they only print off a certain number?

No idea but they had at least 6 on the stage, so I'd say no... I remember at a White Lies gig sound desk guy wouldn't hand his set list over either as had all his notes on it and needed for next gig. So I am assuming it's the same here

Is it typical these days to see so many completely new songs in a setlist?  I feel like bands I've seen recently are quite conservative at dishing out the new stuff, although that might be a reflection of the bands I've seen rather than a general trend. 

Obviously the excellent lead single Exits has had loads of radio play, and the other 2 album tracks are available on Spotify etc, but to get 3 other unknowns is quite exciting.

Edited by uscore

3 minutes ago, uscore said:

Is it typical these days to see so many completely new songs in a setlist?  I feel like bands I've seen recently are quite conservative at dishing out the new stuff, although that might be a reflection of the bands I've seen rather than a general trend. 

Obviously the excellent lead single Exits has had loads of radio play, and the other 2 album tracks are available on Spotify etc, but to get 3 other unknowns is quite exciting.

White Lies played 8 off their new album (all but one) out of 20 songs on their current tour.

1 minute ago, briddj said:

White Lies played 8 off their new album (all but one) out of 20 songs on their current tour.

Well I was thinking of White Lies as a recent example.  Their album had been released on the first day of the tour so they were all available, and they'd already released 4 or 5 of them on Spotify for ages before it.

14 minutes ago, uscore said:

I guess you haven’t seen too much of The National then!

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

9 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Havent heard anything from this website since trying to register earlier today. Anyone used it?

Two sets of tickets came on twickets tonight. Literally on my phone as the notification came in, clicked on it and already gone.

Will try the twitter notifications, but end up getting hundreds of Spice Girls and Drake notifications from Twickets..

10 minutes ago, patrickh said:

Havent heard anything from this website since trying to register earlier today. Anyone used it?

Two sets of tickets came on twickets tonight. Literally on my phone as the notification came in, clicked on it and already gone.

Will try the twitter notifications, but end up getting hundreds of Spice Girls and Drake notifications from Twickets..

From my experience this evening, it's 90% George Ezra...

Yeah, I've been too slow, even with Twitter notifications on. Hopefully some of us here will get some. If anyone manages to remarkably get spares, hit me up. I'll be doing so too.

8 hours ago, Hawros said:

From my experience this evening, it's 90% George Ezra...

Yeah, I've been too slow, even with Twitter notifications on. Hopefully some of us here will get some. If anyone manages to remarkably get spares, hit me up. I'll be doing so too.

Or we can just all go to the Spice Girls