Foals

RarerThanDandyB

26 minutes ago, briddj said:

Just luck really. Remember to be refreshing again from 9.06 as tickets are re-released that were not bought.

Also, if you get to put your number of tickets in and it says sold out, just keep refreshing that new page as the system will remember you have requested 1 or 2, thus if they do come back up you will get straight into the booking page and not have to waste those key seconds on the dropdown.

That I did not know, great tip.

27 minutes ago, briddj said:

Just luck really. Remember to be refreshing again from 9.06 as tickets are re-released that were not bought.

Also, if you get to put your number of tickets in and it says sold out, just keep refreshing that new page as the system will remember you have requested 1 or 2, thus if they do come back up you will get straight into the booking page and not have to waste those key seconds on the dropdown.

Cheers! Had been on a streak with gig tickets since the glasto sale, this has brought me back down to Earth (or not I guess ?

21 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Someone who was pissed off they didn't get tickets has just posted that Foals tickets now on Viagogo for £162!!

Can't see how these won't be made invalid given the restrictions they have put in place - surely??

foals.thumb.jpg.45a56ea33626b32b93a570a54fdbf059.jpg

The ID restrictions are very hit and miss, I can't remember many occasions where I've been asked to show ID on the door. I suppose these c**ts think they can chance it, ultimately after the ticket is sold they don't care whether the poor sod gets in or not.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The ID restrictions are very hit and miss, I can't remember many occasions where I've been asked to show ID on the door. I suppose these c**ts think they can chance it, ultimately after the ticket is sold they don't care whether the poor sod gets in or not.

Doesn't even say you need ID on the See Tickets page. Just a warning message about reselling.

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Says both

image.png.ec10a2ffa312740123e3a874781d6105.png

Is there somewhere you can report tickets like that to? No one likes a snitch but I hate touts a level more.

Not on the London date:

image.png.2f1d770398b71065acf0d0e4f6b589db.png

On your other question, there is absolutely no way that a promoter can find out who has listed the tickets for sale on Viagogo (unless specific seats have been listed)

Edited by briddj

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Has anyone on here ever been refused access to a venue without ID?

I've buy and sell on Twickets pretty often and have never had a problem using someone else's ticket. It's all lip service, nobody actually checks.

Catfish are very strict on ID. Caused a lot of problems on their tours because people don't realise they are buying ID tickets. I would agree though that you only get your ID checked in 10% of cases where you are told you need it.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Has anyone on here ever been refused access to a venue without ID?

I've buy and sell on Twickets pretty often and have never had a problem using someone else's ticket. It's all lip service, nobody actually checks.

Radiohead at Roundhouse and Muse at Shepherd's Bush were very strict, we were getting ID'd in the queue. I didn't see anyone without a valid ticket but can't imagine their chances would have been great.

7 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Radiohead at Roundhouse and Muse at Shepherd's Bush were very strict, we were getting ID'd in the queue. I didn't see anyone without a valid ticket but can't imagine their chances would have been great.

I went to Radiohead at the Roundhouse but don't recall getting ID'd, although they've been pretty strict in the past when I've been to the iTunes festival there, so the chances are it's down to the venue to enforce and whether they can be bothered or not.

By all accounts Red Ed's stadium gigs last year were strict as hell. People turning up with cancelled tickets and all sorts. I ordered tickets for my mother in law and had to use her debit card, thankfully I did as she had to show it on way in. 

Suppose he does something I like...

This is why more ticket outlets need to start adopting a similar strategy to DICE / more gigs need to be sold exclusively on DICE. 

In my experience, 95% of the time that these restrictions are in place, they don't end up checking ID's. And when they do, lots of people end up arriving with resold tickets so they give up checking ID's to prevent a situation where the venue is half empty due to people being turned away. 

Whenever I use DICE tickets, they always ask for my name and scan the QR code (which you're prevented from taking a screenshot of). 

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I went to Radiohead at the Roundhouse but don't recall getting ID'd, although they've been pretty strict in the past when I've been to the iTunes festival there, so the chances are it's down to the venue to enforce and whether they can be bothered or not.

I can't remember that either but the queue was HUGE so perhaps they were early on and gave up halfway through.