Foals

RarerThanDandyB

14 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Seems like they're doing a very intimate tour in March, can't see any other dates yet but they're playing the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh on 5th March. I think that's around 700-800 capacity so I'll definitely be trying for that.

Edit: Nevermind found a poster

51892046_10156055987034327_7111430660568

How do I sign up for this presale without ordering the album?

Jeez the gig at Gorilla is £35+, hate it when bands charge super amounts for small gigs, I don't think I've ever paid more then 15 for a gorilla gig, definitely not more than 20. Not like you're paying for the same crew and equipment like you would at bigger venues.

On sale Feb 28th anyway.

8 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Jeez the gig at Gorilla is £35+, hate it when bands charge super amounts for small gigs, I don't think I've ever paid more then 15 for a gorilla gig, definitely not more than 20. Not like you're paying for the same crew and equipment like you would at bigger venues.

On sale Feb 28th anyway.

Surely it’s the stature of the act that determines it, not the crew? It’ll be just a long a show with a similar set list to their bigger shows a few months later, won’t it? I’d expect to pay a similar price personally but would actually value it slightly higher as the intimate setting and being closer to the stage (without effort) trumps them having had more practice. 

Edited by The Martini Police
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

On sale Feb 28th anyway.

Yeah its well out of line with that them type of venues usually charge. Would have thought is should be around £20+

Tempted though, small gigs are much better

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

35 notes seems quite reasonable for a big act in a small venue.

If it was less, I’d be wary of it being an ‘album launch gig’ and swerve. :lol:

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

They didn't hold down Friday evening last time...

As much as I agree, I don’t think it really affects anything enough for it to be brought up as much as it is. If their chances of headlining Glastonbury have vanished, it’s not to do with the reaction of a bunch of people on eFests.

Why don't bigger acts charge more for their music then? I begrudgingly accept paying bigger fees for bigger venues but I don't get paying 3 times as much for Foals than I did to see The Murlocs 3 days ago. 

I get it's more of a me issue though and there's gonna be thousands of people disappointed they didn't even get the chance to pay 40 quid to see them. It'd feel like a proper gift if it was 20 quid though.

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Why don't bigger acts charge more for their music then? I begrudgingly accept paying bigger fees for bigger venues but I don't get paying 3 times as much for Foals than I did to see The Murlocs 3 days ago. 

I get it's more of a me issue though and there's gonna be thousands of people disappointed they didn't even get the chance to pay 40 quid to see them. It'd feel like a proper gift if it was 20 quid though.

Because people might not buy it at the higher price point which could ultimately affect album sales.

Whereas there's no danger of them selling out 600-capacity Gorilla at £40. I'll happily pay £10 more to see them in such a small venue because it'll most likely be a better experience.

It's not the band that decides those prices it will be the promoter, they'll have to make their money back on venue hire and the bands fee and a band the size of Foals will surely demand a decent sized fee so in order for the show to be profitable ticket prices will be higher! Not a case of you pay for the size of the venue, you pay for the size of the act because it costs the promoter a hell of lot more to get them to play then it would bands who just tour the smaller venues

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

For the last seven years whenever that Temper Trap song has come on the radio I've thought it was Foals.

Not really relevant, but thought I'd share.

Now thats someone I forgot about and would love to see again... Temper Trap are pretty good tbh.