Foals

RarerThanDandyB

2 hours ago, Havors said:

Quite a bold statement with not hearing the new album. I will reserve judgement. I thought what went down was a great album. 

The new albums could both be their finest work, but unless they both have big, crossover mainstream appeal then it won't make them a 'bigger band' per se. They really need another swathe of hype behind them with some big lead singles, akin to Holy Fire. Perhaps that will come with the second part of the album later this year, but it does seem currently like they've lost a bit of momentum, opting to accept slots at mid-sized festivals like Ynot seems to suggest they've plateaued. They might have been better holding off for a big headline slot next year rather than saturating the festival market this year. 

Seems like they're doing a very intimate tour in March, can't see any other dates yet but they're playing the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh on 5th March. I think that's around 700-800 capacity so I'll definitely be trying for that.

Edit: Nevermind found a poster

51892046_10156055987034327_7111430660568

Edited by kingcrawler

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Seems like they're doing a very intimate tour in March, can't see any other dates yet but they're playing the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh on 5th March. I think that's around 700-800 capacity so I'll definitely be trying for that.

Yeah I'd shell out for that I rate

22 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Nice find - where'd you see this? very keen for that London date

Edit: Nevermind, just got the email!

Edited by willd255
Correction

12 hours ago, D-Low said:

Whilst I enjoy both tracks they are a bit meh for Foals - new one is a bit better though than Exits. Hopefully the rest of the album picks up.

I'm a bit baffled as to what you mean by meh for foals? Like the album should be 10 songs like One step Two step? or Inhaler? or something?? 

I'm loving On the Luna it is classic Foals to be honest. 

12 hours ago, Panda45 said:

On the Luna bangs. Hopefully they are on the line up, I gambled not getting a ticket on the tour due to the Glasto size gap and I’m starting to slowly regret not getting a ticket...??

We're going on the Saturday before,  just in case they don't play Glasto, but really think they would be brilliant headlining one of the stages,  and would prefer them to the Killers on the Pyramid if Emily would give them the gig.

I reckon they have a dozen really good songs and a couple of  brilliant ones.

If there are a few to add to that off the double album, they could easily hold down the Saturday night on the Pyramid. Would be a huge party atmosphere.

• Like 1