Foals

RarerThanDandyB

they'd have to start making more poppy My Number-esque tracks to get to Glastonbury headliner status IMO.

and start regularly playing singles like Miami, This Orient and Blue Blood at festivals, rather than album tracks from the last 2. save that stuff for your own gigs.

e: thought G16 was good too, could have been better with Late Night and A Knife... swapped out for 2 of the above.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Yannis introduced it saying that it's simply an introduction to a new load of material that's coming. Hearing that I thought we weren't going to be treated to an on-the-spot banger.

He also said that it 'forms the centre-piece of album 1', but it's track 2....

A bit underwhelming, but have it on again now and having a little groove at my desk. Let's see how they develop this year...

6 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they'd have to start making more poppy My Number-esque tracks to get to Glastonbury headliner status IMO.

and start regularly playing singles like Miami, This Orient and Blue Blood at festivals, rather than album tracks from the last 2. save that stuff for your own gigs.

e: thought G16 was good too, could have been better with Late Night and A Knife... swapped out for 2 of the above.

Yeah have to agree, they have a big fan base but maybe need more "My Number" and "Mountain at my Gates" to become more mainstream... but do I want them to be more mainstream and stop doing their quirky weird stuff? I do't think I do... Id rather then not headline the Pyramid ha 

Just now, CK15243 said:

is there a presale for the tour? the wording on the wesite is confusing

Yes, you can order the album.

Or here’s ‘Dandy Bs’ trick of the day. There will be an astrix with the presale that states no purchase necessary of which you can enter your details and get a code, not buying the album. 

Dont know if everyone knows or I feel like I actually found something useful. There you go. 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bit concerning that the Chief Foal is basically saying "This first album might be a bit shit, but there are bangers coming later. Promise."

Thats a bit of stretch to jump to that conclusion :)

You are implying that unless songs are bangers they are shit?? 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

That's an even bigger stretch of a conclusion you've come to. It was the Head Foal who used the word "bangers", not me, but it does feel like he's getting his excuses in early.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That's an even bigger stretch of a conclusion you've come to. It was the Head Foal who used the word "bangers", not me, but it does feel like he's getting his excuses in early.

haha no no no you jumped there! Banger means banger like one step two step! that you can go a bit mental to... 

well im presuming there myself haha but its less of a jump that saying non bangers are shit :D

37 minutes ago, Havors said:

Their glasto set 2016 was brilliant as attested to by a lot of the music writers and contrary to people who stand a mile away and then say there was no atmosphere. 

Waa stood in the front pit and thought it was naff. And I went into it with them being one of the acts I was most excited for, having loved them at Newcastle Academy and Leeds Arena on the WWD tours.

28 minutes ago, Hawros said:

He also said that it 'forms the centre-piece of album 1', but it's track 2....

Lol I thought the same.

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

True, they could be bops instead.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yes, you can order the album.

Or here’s ‘Dandy Bs’ trick of the day. There will be an astrix with the presale that states no purchase necessary of which you can enter your details and get a code, not buying the album. 

Dont know if everyone knows or I feel like I actually found something useful. There you go. 

just did that and it said the emails will be send through before 6pm on monday... guessing ive missed the boat on this one, cheers though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Waa stood in the front pit and thought it was naff. And I went into it with them being one of the acts I was most excited for, having loved them at Newcastle Academy and Leeds Arena on the WWD tours.

Lol I thought the same.

True, they could be bops instead.

Well cant please everyone. 

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I have heard of the Foals , but couldn't name a tune by them. then again I am the same with Stormzy

do the Foals have  a massive following?

define massive haha! They dont have no Foo fighters type following thats for sure. 

1 minute ago, briddj said:

There has always been a general stuffiness towards Foals on here. They appear to be considered just above CATB derision I feel. Screw you all and bring on that Other headline set! 

Really? I think it's the opposite. People in here seem to love them and they are Really Quite Boring.

8 minutes ago, briddj said:

There has always been a general stuffiness towards Foals on here. They appear to be considered just above CATB derision I feel. Screw you all and bring on that Other headline set! 

Huh? Most people on here seem to like Foals and look forward to any new release of theirs. I remember a lot of people being excited about seeing them in 2016 and 2013, too.

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Huh? Most people on here seem to like Foals and look forward to any new release of theirs. I remember a lot of people being excited about seeing them in 2016 and 2013, too.

There are plenty of people who like Foals, yes. But more that don't or are not fussed. 

27 minutes ago, briddj said:

Haha no chance. Many like Foals and were open to hearing a good tune last night. The likes of Kasabian, Kings of Leon, Two Door Cinema Club, The Killers and Biffy Clyro all well below Foals here. 

But yes, bring on that Other headline set.