Who you want VS Who you think

RarerThanDandyB

I am intrigued about who people think will headline the festival against what they want to headline the pyramid (within reason)

Based on suggestions I would prefer Lady Gaga, but after consideration but think it will be The Strokes with The Cure and Stormzy.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Who I want?

Doesn't matter because it's The Strokes.

Who I think?

The Strokes, because it's The Strokes.

Why are you so adamant its the Strokes... My mate constantly says he is only going if they are there so if they aren't I am not going because I don't have anyone to go with since only us two got tickets. Thats why I wanted it to be The Strokes and aside from Grimshaw and the guy who may not know anything on here, I don't see how we can be that sure anymore.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Why are you so adamant its the Strokes... My mate constantly says he is only going if they are there so if they aren't I am not going because I don't have anyone to go with since only us two got tickets. Thats why I wanted it to be The Strokes and aside from Grimshaw and the guy who may not know anything on here, I don't see how we can be that sure anymore.

Well we have several bits of info pointing at The Strokes and absolutely nothing pointing at anyone else (except for news that Liam Gallagher was trying to bag the slot for himself, which I don't see happening). Most other suggestions have absolutely nothing going for them, such as Lady Gaga who isn't even in Europe and would presumably have to draw up an entire new show from her Vegas one just to play one festival. I'm not actually as adamant as I make it sound from my posts, but I can't see how anyone doesn't see them as clear front runners right now.

I'd want Lady GaGa because she is currently more relevant, has a strong momentum and appeal behind her following the success of the film, Golden Globe winner, and puts on a truly spectacular show, with plenty of crowd-pleasing hits.

If everyone feels it's The Strokes, I'd be enthusiastic IF (Big IF) their forthcoming album was a proper return to form (i.e. it was second only to their debut, as it won't be any better than that), then, I could warm to seeing them again. If the album is mediocre, quite frankly I'd prefer to see a solo Albert Hammond Jr set in The Park.

Whereas Lady GaGa's show is extravagant, The Strokes would tend to be monochrome in comparison I fear. 

None of my real, real wants are going to appear so won't indulge in wishful thinking.

29 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

After thinking about it, seeing the Enigma set on the pyramid would be an experience but the Strokes would but much more bland. 

26 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

You’re kinda talking like someone who hasn’t been gushing about potentially seeing The Strokes on the Pyramid for two months? If your tastes have changed really recently then fair enough but a few people talking smack about The Strokes shouldn’t mean you have to hide anything. ?‍♂️

anyway...

I want: (of realistic options) The Strokes.

I think: The Strokes (only cos they are the only one with any info apart from Liam G, and two Other Stage 2017 acts would be stupid)

Who I think: Stormzy, The Strokes, The Cure. 

Who I want in order of the current runours:

The Strokes > Arctic Monkeys >>>>>>>> Lady Gaga

That said Wu Tang are heavily rumoured for Saturday night and Chemical Brothers is also a strong possibility so goid chance Im nit going to the pyramid that night regardless. 

Who I think: Stormzy (lol), The Cure and The Killers

Don't know why, just got a hunch, and feel The Killers bring a bit more bang to the lineup - lots of hits, riding off the back of a storming secret set etc

Who I want: I'd be really happy with The Killers, but I'd also love The Strokes as I've never seen them live. I'd also love Queen & Adam Lambert (but alas, badgers),  Nick Cave & TBS  or Elton John

Edited by jessden89

I'm still devastated it's not Macca.  I have no idea other than everyone tipping the strokes .

I just hope the cure is right but no interest in seeing stormzy and will only see strokes if there is fa on elsewhere .

Gaga would be great for my wife so hope it happens but know it won't 

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I want Gaga but I get this gloomy feelings that Arctic Monkey & The Lads could be unzipping their flies and taking aim at all of our chips right this very moment.

Likewise, and it’d probably be the most underwhelming result of all.

I like Arctics just fine, but I have zero desire to see them bore up the Pyramid stage again.