Is the nightlife open to everyone?

RarerThanDandyB

Hello,

Me and my mate are going to Glastonbury next year, I’m 18 but he’s only 17 (18 in August) and wondered if he’s allowed in the nightlife events like Shangri La, Block 9, Underground etc. 

Pretty gutting if he’s not but wanted to find out, thanks.

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hello,

Me and my mate are going to Glastonbury next year, I’m 18 but he’s only 17 (18 in August) and wondered if he’s allowed in the nightlife events like Shangri La, Block 9, Underground etc. 

You'll have no worries - plus you can take your own drinks with you. I don't how strict the bars are - I'm too old to merit I.D!

On 1/20/2019 at 9:21 AM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hello,

I could be wrong but I (think I) remember seeing that NYC downlow in Block 9 is 18+.  

Aside from that, everywhere is open to all ages, all the time. 

Enjoy, my dude.  There is nothing quite as wonderful as your first glastonbury!

On 1/21/2019 at 10:24 AM, Kinkyinuit said:

I could be wrong but I (think I) remember seeing that NYC downlow in Block 9 is 18+.  

Aside from that, everywhere is open to all ages, all the time. 

Enjoy, my dude.  There is nothing quite as wonderful as your first glastonbury!

Unless you're obviously underage I doubt they'll check- it often has mega queues anyway so you might not even want to bother. I assume its more about the content of the shows than alcohol...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 7:39 PM, marathonsteve said:

Its still I believe Challenge 25 at the bars

while some festivals its ‘Challenge 25’ Glastonbury has never used ‘Challenge 25’ 

from https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/drink/

The Festival operates a ‘Challenge 21’ policy for alcohol sales. If you look under 21, you will not be served alcohol unless you can prove you are over 18 – by presenting ID, or by wearing a ‘Challenge 21’ wristband. These will be available from the Property Lock-ups on site, on presentation of a valid form of photo ID.

DSC_0509a.jpg.62f16b5dd14352cc4f82c51c9c8c0b53.jpg

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:21 AM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hello,

yes yes and yes and have fun .....

On 1/28/2019 at 5:49 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

Yeah I'd have been surprised if they let any age go into NYC Downlow. Seeing as I was asked if I would expose myself to forfeit the fee to get in! Wasn't yet drunk enough to say yes! ?

Ha, I was only asked to snog one of the door staff! Unsure if this makes me lucky or unlucky..

6 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

My girlfriend was refused service at the bar in 2016 due to apparently looking under 21. She was 31. I was 34. 

Cashback! 

At times when a bar is being inspected by local authorities or where a Bar has detected some counterfeit ID - there will be a order sent out ' to check everyone ' so it may have been one of those times. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having worked in the south east corner in 2017 its a pretty amazing place! Age wasnt an issue we found alt ofbthe younger age groups came in earlier in the evening!  after the main stages finishes it gets pretty hetic till the early hours! I would say be prepared to explore and be enlighted to new experimces! As with the whole festival enjoy the experimce and keep each other safe! Inappropriate behaviour is not acceptable anywhere including a festival! Aplogies if tht sounds like nagging! 

• 5 weeks later...