In a bit of a dilemma, need your advice!

shapebuster

hey

so my friend and I tried to get tickets to glasto but we failed sadly :( We are doing a euro trip in July from Perth Australia. Now i'm not sure if i should hold out on buying flights till I have another crack at the resale or just give up on my chances and buy flights now and mitigate any potentially expensive flights. If we don't get tickets to glasto then we will be going to Dekmantel so booking our trip for glasto dates regardless of buying a ticket is out of the question. What do you guys think?

If it is either Dekmantel or Glastonbury I think you need to pick the former to be on the safe side.  Waiting until the end of April to find out about glstonbury will mean exponentially higher flight cost I should think.  Personally, I would not want to wait until the last minute to know what I am doing.

Have you thought about working/volunteering at the festival?  Others on the forum can give you more advice on that as I do not think it is entirely easy to get a place, but it is worth finding out.

Edited by karaseen

Waiting for the chance of Glastonbury tickets is too big a gamble imo. It's an amazing festival but it's not worth potentially paying loads more on flights and being ticketless. The resale is no joke. I'd say save yourself the stress and get it all booked asap and I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip regardless ?

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Gamble everything on getting a Glastonbury ticket in the resale.

What Woffy says. I have not got a ticket but just paid out £1200 for a camper van. I will be going to Glastonbury.  

Rock Wertcher is same dates as Glasto. Not expensive to get to Belgium from UK.  Go to that if you fail in resale.

He who dares Rodders.  

Edited by eastynh
  • Like 1

I reckon you buy tickets as if going to Glastonbury - then have a back-up plan if you're not lucky (like RW or similar, or volunteering at Glastonbury).

In 2017 we missed in the general sale, booked RW, then got in on the re-sale - hey, financially painful, liver knackered, but a way more fun problem and just planning on missing out!

Having tried getting tickets in the re-sale I would not gamble on it. It's practically harder than regular sales since there are much fewer tickets for grabs and more people interested in it being closer to the festival date and fresher in people's minds.

With such a big commitment I'd wait until getting tickets and being able to relax and know you'll enjoy yourself planning this whole trip. 

Or look at other festivals within similar dates that you can bandwagon onto.

Dekmantel also sells pretty quick so wouldn't want to end up missing both because you're still waiting on Glasto.

3 minutes ago, shapebuster said:

How would I find this information out?

Well you could have a look at what cancellation costs are on flights... book Glasto dates AND the July dates... then when you find out what you are doing cancel the appropriate flights and take the hit. 

To find out how much more its going to cost for flights at short notice I have no idea sorry ha