Jump to content

Idles


fuzzy_logic
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ultra Mono is an absolute banger instrumentally for me but the lyrics are just so outrageously cringey I can’t stomach it. That one with Jehnny Beth is particularly bad.

 

I hope they tone it down a bit for the next album as I absolutely love Brutalism and Joy, two of the best British albums in years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Bristol-based IDLES efesters, I can no longer make it so I have a spare ticket for the Don't Go Gentle documentary + Q&A tonight at Cinema de Lux. Starts at 7:15pm. Free to a good home, or a bad one. I can email the ticket to anyone who wants it

Generous! Would have been too much of a trip fr me even if I'd seen this in time. Upvote given! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Here's why

woa

It was alright. Can't think of many bands you could make a similar film about, given 99% are private-school-pipeline now.

Funny story about Bowen seemingly falling in love with DJs Dev and Joe and then engineering a plan to get noticed, 18 months after they initially met him and forgot who he was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hope it's out on doovdé soon. I keep missing the screenings.

if any of you want to watch that IDLES film sign up for the link below, it'll be free next weekend 

 

https://www.houseofvanslondon.com/event/doc-nights-idles

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 11:52 AM, blutarsky said:

Registered, thanks! 

Did you manage to watch it? It's available until 7pm tonight. 

I rewatched it last night! Love the fact Glastonbury is ingrained in their story!

Edited by vintagelaureate
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Did you manage to watch it? It's available until 7pm tonight. 

I rewatched it last night! Love the fact Glastonbury is ingrained in their story!

Not yet, hoping to squeeze it in this afternoon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blutarsky said:

Not yet, hoping to squeeze it in this afternoon 

Just make sure you register on the link before 7pm, otherwise you'll lose it - I know what it's like having young kids and trying to squeeze anything in! 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Just make sure you register on the link before 7pm, otherwise you'll lose it - I know what it's like having young kids and trying to squeeze anything in! 😂

Managed to watch about 50 minutes of it while Baby-Blutarsky was napping this afternoon. Will I be able to watch the rest tomorrow or is it gone now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Managed to watch about 50 minutes of it while Baby-Blutarsky was napping this afternoon. Will I be able to watch the rest tomorrow or is it gone now?

You should get 48 hours from when you started

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Bristol-area based friends, due to work commitments I now have a spare ticket for tomorrow night's show at the 140 capacity Louisiana. 

The "ticket" is on an email to me from friendly Records, who are promoting the event. It does say you need accompanying ID but I'm also going tonight, so I'll check if this is being enforced. Happy to give it away to the first person who wants it for free.

These shows are going to be spectacular. Home town, miniscule venue, my first indoor gig for 536 days. Anyway, hit me up if you're interested in a free ticket...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Bristol-area based friends, due to work commitments I now have a spare ticket for tomorrow night's show at the 140 capacity Louisiana. 

The "ticket" is on an email to me from friendly Records, who are promoting the event. It does say you need accompanying ID but I'm also going tonight, so I'll check if this is being enforced. Happy to give it away to the first person who wants it for free.

These shows are going to be spectacular. Home town, miniscule venue, my first indoor gig for 536 days. Anyway, hit me up if you're interested in a free ticket...

I would be v keen SC

 

got a downs ticket for upcoming gig but this would be magic in such a small venue 

 

will happily stick £20 in charity of your choice if you don’t want any cash yourself 

Edited by internetjef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ok, let me see if they check the email against ID and I'll come back to you asap

Nice one. I live about 10 mins walk from venue so would be a dream. Could prob even get the kids down for bed and still make it lol. 
 

I’m on here lurking every few hours so will keep an eye out for your message. Have a great time tonight.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Nice one. I live about 10 mins walk from venue so would be a dream. Could prob even get the kids down for bed and still make it lol. 
 

I’m on here lurking every few hours so will keep an eye out for your message. Have a great time tonight.

 

 

Fingers crossed they're ok with no ID. I'll let you know, either later tonight or first thing tomorrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...