14 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Bristol show on release day might be interesting. No idea how they would social distance in the Louisiana though.

Not sure I have the money and I am caring for parents in their 90's, may have to leave this to others, shame

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's only one punter ticket...? :P 

On the Louisiana website it states "***Please note this date is TBC based on government guidelines regarding safely putting on shows." so it'll be changed if it can't happen in April. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My issue with Idles, Owen Jones etc is they preach and lecture us about the need for mass immigration while living in affluent areas where less than 1% of people are immigrants. They have this strange

"fuck off" would've been a fair response too. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

20200922_121704.thumb.jpg.3906b26c91c93b820c52aff42bef5eed.jpg

Some great support acts there, not a bad night across the board. Massive show for a couple of them as well (that'll be their frugal budgeting)

Any idea who’s at where? Can’t seem to get anywhere with working it out. Edit - Absolutely get it now. 

Edited by HeyPorter
Being a moron.
5 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Any idea who’s at where? Can’t seem to get anywhere with working it out. 

They’ve all got colours next to them showing what dayes theyre playing

Just read the Kerrang interview that the band linked to on their FB page.  Interesting.  It ends with a question to Joe asking if love is enough to bring about the peace he so desires.  He gives a lengthy reply and concludes:

"That's what I want to win"

"And to headline the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury"

Lofty ambitions.  Who'd bet against them achieving it one day?

13 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Just read the Kerrang interview that the band linked to on their FB page.  Interesting.  It ends with a question to Joe asking if love is enough to bring about the peace he so desires.  He gives a lengthy reply and concludes:

*raises hand*

As glorious as it would be seeing Joe scream mother fucker over and over on the big stage some bands just aren't built that way. 

36 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Me.

They could headline JP, they ain’t going any higher than that. 

Lousiana will be intimate af. Only just seen this so all tix gone obviously. Bit gutted, but a sunday night before work, with a six month old baby at home and a 2 hour drive to get there it my have been stretch anyway.

7 hours ago, Skelts said:

Not a chance it'll happen.

I saved the other singles after the first two for today and I definitely agree on A Hymn, by far the best song on there. I’m a bit unsure about the rest though. There’s some good moments but I definitely didn’t enjoy it as much instantly compared to Brutalism or Joy. I hope it grows on me but the songs just don’t seem as good this time round.

It’s been mentioned elsewhere but the lyrics are the real weak point. I’m not a huge lyrics person anyway so it doesn’t bother me too much but it can get a bit annoying how on the nose most of the lyrics are. They also lack some of the humour that’s there on the first two albums. I feel a bit bad for criticising them for it, as they generally talk about important topics that I broadly agree with them on, but it’s just a bit too heavy-handed at times. The chorus of Ne Touche Pas Moi where they just shout “CONSENT” is probably the most notable example of that. 

Yeah I’ve seen some mention of the lyrics becoming tired but I think they’ve definitely stepped down a level rather than we’re just bored of it. At points it really feels like they got AF Gang to submit lyrics.

“THIS MEANS WAR... ANTI-WAR!” is just a big fat no