1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

They played Manchester Academy last time, minus arenas I think there would only be the Apollo bigger in the city? 

Not ‘in the city’ but probably Warehouse. 💩

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My issue with Idles, Owen Jones etc is they preach and lecture us about the need for mass immigration while living in affluent areas where less than 1% of people are immigrants. They have this strange

"fuck off" would've been a fair response too. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not ‘in the city’ but probably Warehouse. 💩

I've never been there, is that the one that is mainly used for DJs? The Victoria Warehouse is a similar size to the Apollo isn't it? I don't think I've ever been to either. 

Edited by vintagelaureate
10 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've never been there, is that the one that is mainly used for DJs? The Victoria Warehouse is a similar size to the Apollo isn't it? I don't think I've ever been to either. 

It was briefly. Just has Academy type acts there now mostly since Live Nation got a hold of it.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Castlefield Bowl?

Possibly. Not as part of a normal tour I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not gonna lie, for no real reason I was kinda done with IDLES. I can't even really put my finger on why. Hymn has me back on board though, a bit like Well Done did.

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

I'm not gonna lie, for no real reason I was kinda done with IDLES. I can't even really put my finger on why. Hymn has me back on board though, a bit like Well Done did.

You were done with Idles before Well Done?

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

You were done with Idles before Well Done?

Yeah the EPs didn't grab me then Well Done showed we were in business. Bought a Night and Day ticket after the first chorus. To be fair the earlier stuff I wrote off sounded well better live.

50 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have nothing to add to this thread, except noting that I wish it was entitled "The Importance of Seeing IDLES"

I’m still waiting for a thread appreciating the impact Rebel Yell has had on society.

The Importance of Billy Idol.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have nothing to add to this thread, except noting that I wish it was entitled "The Importance of Seeing IDLES"

that's nearly my personal life-statement. :D 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

New single out Tuesday 

Although I’ll undoubtedly fold come the time, I’m gonna try and sit this one out until the album release. Hate that it’s become customary to have so many pre-release songs these days.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Although I’ll undoubtedly fold come the time, I’m gonna try and sit this one out until the album release. Hate that it’s become customary to have so many pre-release songs these days.

U will never resist. This new single is apparently an absolute belter. Roll on Tuesday! 👌

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There is at least one more to come after this to in early September.

Screenshot_20200807-212943.png

Edited by vintagelaureate
On 8/7/2020 at 8:58 PM, FloorFiller said:

I never listen to singles before release anymore, unless they come on the radio. I like to take the whole album first time.

Not listened to any of the new IDLES tracks yet.

Saw this on Reddit. Is it new? Q magazine review (4/5 naturally)

8mnqlxn01vf51.png

Says that the new song is a 'condescending Brexitland caricature' 😒 but Mr. Motivator potentially being a Fat Whites / Sleaford Mods clapback adds new levels (or a level, singular) to that song.. Didn't know about the Jamie Cullum feature until now.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

I want them to release an album called Bone.

• Like 1