Idles

fuzzy_logic

Just now, Superscally said:

Where do we think the lads' ceiling is at the festival, assuming no mega leap forward with subsequent albums? 

Other headline? Could they get the big one? I thought their Other set was off the charts good. 

They’re about there now. They could perhaps move a couple of places up Other to sub, but I think they’ve more or less maxed out now.

6 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Where do we think the lads' ceiling is at the festival, assuming no mega leap forward with subsequent albums? 

Other headline? Could they get the big one? I thought their Other set was off the charts good. 

I absolutely love Idles, but I really can’t see them headlining the pyramid. Could see them headlining the other, but JP headliner slot would be great for them I think. 

On 7/3/2022 at 4:56 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Somebody is chatting about Arctic Monkeys potentially moving into stadiums next summer, and must say, Idles feel like the sort of band who could be a leftfield support shout.

Would be great but they aren't doing it unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

I absolutely love Idles, but I really can’t see them headlining the pyramid. Could see them headlining the other, but JP headliner slot would be great for them I think. 

Personally I'd say headline Other, though I'd love to be at that JP slot. However, Crawler was a bit of a shift and I think two more great albums, then...who knows? 

58 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Personally I'd say headline Other, though I'd love to be at that JP slot. However, Crawler was a bit of a shift and I think two more great albums, then...who knows? 

The beauty is that we never do know!

I've been taken a little bit aback by how much Sam Fender has shot up the past year, to be honest. Two sold-out arena tours, Fisnbury Park to come. The man's definitely striking while the iron is hot, possibly to the detriment of his health, it seems.

Can't remember the last time a band clocked two arena tours in the space of a year or so, with such impressive sales figures?

Imagine Idles, for that matter, might have their eyes set on Wembley Arena in the imminent future, or possibly The O2. Would figure maybe the former - not sure how they'd sell to a seated crowd, despite that string of Brixton shows.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I've just found out what I didn't know. Joe Talbot used to photo or review festivals for efestivals under an alias ( scottie told me but was pretty vague on the details)

added e to efestivals to  make post make sense at request of neil 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1