Idles

fuzzy_logic

17 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Not sure how I feel about last night in Manchester. Which sounds ridiculous. How can I not have an opinion?

A curates egg of an evening.

Jehnny Beth was mesmerising

I thought they (IDLES) were good. It wasn't the best IDLES gig I've ever been to, and there wasn't as much crowd interaction as usual. The lights were pretty strong though! I ended up front and centre too somehow.

Jehnny Beth was superb - "more adrenaline!".

IMG_20220128_232554_271.jpg

Yep..can't disagree mate.. struggled a bit with not being completely immersed (front and centre) and trying to find somewhere close enough to be feeling it.

I have warmed to the venue. The amount of bars is a boon bur still not easy from a  location perspective.

I hate myself for typing this but have slipped into that " they were better at Hebden Bridge Trades Club 2 albums in with 200 other lunatics," mindset. Victoria Warehouse must hold a couple of thou. They seemed comfortable but I felt a bit overwhelmed 🙂

On 1/24/2022 at 7:34 PM, Jay Pee said:

Driving both nights and will park just off Chester road on one of the side roads near United. They only have the parking restrictions in place on match day's. I would rather not booze and be able to get back on the M56 pretty sharpish.

Don't fancy taking my chances with the Ordsall entrepreneurs in hi Viz charging a tenner to park in an office car park they don't own 🤣

We got waved into a car park near the venue and they wanted 20 quid!  So we reversed out and made the hi viz guy who was deliberately blocking the road get out of the way, and went over the bridge and got a tight spot in a pay and display for 4.50 (would have been 3.00 if we'd been able to be in and out in three hours). 

Second time at Victoria Warehouse and still not keen on it, don't like dark venues where you load in from the back and can't see where the gaps are, so you end up with a logjam at the back with loads of spaces in front of it (SWG3 in Glasgow is similar). 

Thought Idles were fine but not quite as much fun as when I've seen them previously, I just took it to be a sign of them maturing as a live act and letting the focus be more on the music. 

• 1 month later...