Idles

fuzzy_logic

10 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Looking forward to later. What time did they finish last night? Gonna be a tight one with the trains and I want to be able to stay til the end! 

So they were on at 9.30pm and finished bang-on 11pm. Had to cut Rottweiler from the set as they ran out of time but we did get The End for the first time which was nice.

Not sure who's supporting the rest of the Brixton dates but Wet Leg were on at 8.30, with the first support act at 7.40. Both got about 30 mins each.

• Thanks 3

Actually just been listening to Crawler and watching them on YouTube doing the KEXP set. I'll be there at G hopefully again baring no insane clashes. But the question is where? With now four banging albums they will headline,  i reckon on the Other stage.

24 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

So they were on at 9.30pm and finished bang-on 11pm. Had to cut Rottweiler from the set as they ran out of time but we did get The End for the first time which was nice.

Not sure who's supporting the rest of the Brixton dates but Wet Leg were on at 8.30, with the first support act at 7.40. Both got about 30 mins each.

Cheers! Looking forward to tonight when it is, somewhat bizarrely, Self Esteem in the main support slot.

34 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

They finished past 11pm even after cutting out a track, we started to leave a few mins after 11pm as for some reason the last train back to Colchester was at midnight rather than twenty past. 

25 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Cheers! Looking forward to tonight when it is, somewhat bizarrely, Self Esteem in the main support slot.

I've got tixs to night too. I know Self Esteem isn't the most obvious support act but I'd probably say tonight is the best night for support acts as Witch Fever are opening and are pretty good too even if people are going crazy for Wet Leg at the moment.

1 hour ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Amazing, thank you very much! 

The new songs sound awesome live, really adds a new dimension to their sound. MTT 420 RR, Progress and Car Crash were particular highlights.

Show was busy last night (maybe 90-95% capacity but noticeably not full) but found it surprisingly quick to get in and get to the bar, which is always a bonus.

I'd mark them down as JP headliners, especially with the new light show working best in a dark setting (this tour should come with a epilepsy warning).

19 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

The new songs sound awesome live, really adds a new dimension to their sound. MTT 420 RR, Progress and Car Crash were particular highlights.

Show was busy last night (maybe 90-95% capacity but noticeably not full) but found it surprisingly quick to get in and get to the bar, which is always a bonus.

I'd mark them down as JP headliners, especially with the new light show working best in a dark setting (this tour should come with a epilepsy warning).

Thanks for the info. And yep JP headliners sounds right to me. Or maybe subbing Other - I don't see them headlining it yet.

6 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

Jesus, Idles are on some form at the moment. Great gig last night, support were superb also loved Lime Garden and Jehnny Beth… Great night all round

It was immense. Probably the loudest gig I've been to in 20+ years! Setlist pretty much spot on - they've got a serious back catalogue to fall back on now. Have to be considered for a big slot on the farm (JP or Other headliner?)

• Upvote 1

Hi mate, I am still doing Friday and Saturday in Manchester and have been lukewarm to the thought thus far but having read the Guardian review from Brixton and seeing the comments here I am starting to get stoked 🙂 despite it being a not great venue.

Incidentally, off the scale anorak trip in March.  Off to Prague to see Fontaines DC on a Sunday night and then on the Monday night in Berlin.  What was i thinking?!

45 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Hi mate, I am still doing Friday and Saturday in Manchester and have been lukewarm to the thought thus far but having read the Guardian review from Brixton and seeing the comments here I am starting to get stoked 🙂 despite it being a not great venue.

Incidentally, off the scale anorak trip in March.  Off to Prague to see Fontaines DC on a Sunday night and then on the Monday night in Berlin.  What was i thinking?!

Prague is an amazing city, I love it.

How are you getting there / back on Friday? It's a nightmare of a venue!

18 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Prague is an amazing city, I love it.

How are you getting there / back on Friday? It's a nightmare of a venue!

Driving both nights and will park just off Chester road on one of the side roads near United. They only have the parking restrictions in place on match day's. I would rather not booze and be able to get back on the M56 pretty sharpish.

Don't fancy taking my chances with the Ordsall entrepreneurs in hi Viz charging a tenner to park in an office car park they don't own 🤣

30 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Driving both nights and will park just off Chester road on one of the side roads near United. They only have the parking restrictions in place on match day's. I would rather not booze and be able to get back on the M56 pretty sharpish.

Don't fancy taking my chances with the Ordsall entrepreneurs in hi Viz charging a tenner to park in an office car park they don't own 🤣

My friend is driving Friday I think because it's too hard to get the train. If you fancy a pint (of water) give me a shout!

26 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Mate called me earlier.. I'm unfortunately turning 40 in a couple of weeks.

To make me feel better him and his brother have treated me to a ticket in Manchester tomorrow night.

Buzzing is not the world... What a guy 😎

You're in for a treat! 🙂

• Like 1