Idles

fuzzy_logic

34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Interesting. So there was some self-awareness to how, erm, shit Ultra Mono was.

This write up has got me really stoked for the new Idles chapter.

https://www.contactmusic.com/news/idles-don-t-think-ultra-mono-worked-without-live-shows_6336855

Kind of a strange and unbelievable backtrack. ‘Yeah we knew that album was shite BUT YOU HAD TO HEAR IT LIVE GUYS’. K mate. 

Cautiously optimistic for the new one, and good to hear he’s sorted some shit out. 

I'm excited for their new album. Ultra Mono has it's faults, though I listen to A Hymn and Grounds regularly still... but The Beachland Ballroom! So, so good. Proper top tier Idles for me. Kinda kicking myself for not paying the additional £15 for the ticket & vinyl package for EartH next month. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, Superscally said:

Got four tickets at face value for the Jan 30 gig at Vic Warehouse in Manchester... Anyone? 

I've also got 2 for the 30th at the same venue, and 1 (possibly 2) for the 28th - face value.

32 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I was but FWIW, I cancelled my tickets this morning and TM refunded in full, bar about 4 quid this afternoon...

...and yes! Let's get it done soon! 

Ah that's interesting to know... I've got some for every Manchester date but people dropping out.

Book(s) and pint(s) sound a plan! I'll drop you a message soon.

Thought they were cracking last night. Easy (ish?) to forget just how good a live act they are.

Setlist was light on Ultra Mono which was something of a relief. Quite a bit of the new album - most notably MTT 420 RR -  sounds really good live. 

Fully expect they'll be at Glasto and I'll be there barring any nightmare clashes.