Idles

fuzzy_logic

32 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah that's a fucking great tune, good to have them back.

....where do you think they'll place next year?

They’d be an excellent JP headliner but early evening Other stage as dental suggests probably makes more sense.

I really like that new song. Other than A Hymn, Ultra Mono was a massive step down from the previous two albums but this is definitely a step in the right direction. I think they were definitely heading towards the point of needing to change their sound a bit to stop things going stale and this certainly does that. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

About 5pm on the Other Stage I think. They don't seem to be gunning for the biggest slots available and a berth as an early evening party-starter would fit them like a glove.

I'd love a JP headline slot for them but I think you're probably right. 

They're usually happy to take random slots like when they were a Leeds exclusive subbing the smaller stage. 

Excited by the new track!

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nice treat for all the fans who bought tickets to the tour in spite of Ultra Mono getting a Crawler album tour instead.

Well Im wondering what it means for me. Cause the u.s tour starts next week. Are they going to play more than a couple new ones or wait? They couldnt spoil half the record with it coming out so soon. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Well Im wondering what it means for me. Cause the u.s tour starts next week. Are they going to play more than a couple new ones or wait? They couldnt spoil half the record with it coming out so soon. 

When they last toured the UK, they played 2/3 tracks off Ultra Mono which was months in advance. 

I'd expect another tour announcement for summer 2022, or maybe similar time of the year for you guys in the US.

9 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

When they last toured the UK, they played 2/3 tracks off Ultra Mono which was months in advance. 

I'd expect another tour announcement for summer 2022, or maybe similar time of the year for you guys in the US.

Well I think theyre most likely going to return for Coachella so a spring run is probably in their plans albeit not as extensive as this one is.

• 2 weeks later...